Cocoa, Tea and Coffee

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
How do you prepare and make your small tea, cocoa or coffee drinks when out and about? :wink:

I prefer cocoa, then tea and finannly coffee, but I don't like coffee. :roll:

I think we all have our favourite way of making our drink and we want to do it by ourselves. :)

I put 2 large spoons of cocoa and 2 dl. of hot water in a cup and then 1 spoon of sugar if possible. Mix it and let it "cool" for 1 minute. :eek:): Then sit in the woods and enjoy. :biggthump And I want to make it by myself! :shock:

hobbitboy

Forager
Jun 30, 2004
Erm... it's variable
Coffee! Always the coffee!!
Boil the grounds in the pan with the water, let it settle, pour out coffee while preferably filtering it through something! Think its the way turkish coffee is made....but not sure. The longer you boil it for the stronger the coffee

Gary

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Lately I have started using Mocha more and more - great survival drink favoured by the Marines for cold weather ebviroments and a good drink for packing as it needs no sugar or milk.

Another good one is Apple tea again for the reasons above.

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Coffee...then Black tea. Never with sugar!

But, is it just me, or is instant coffee much nicer than the real deal? :yikes: I have found no-one who agrees!

Does milk taste funny out of flasks to anyone else?

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
One of those posh jobbies that you get in those trendy coffe bars! 163 types of coffee, not one of them called "coffee" :banghead:

leon-1

Gary said:
Lately I have started using Mocha more and more - great survival drink favoured by the Marines for cold weather ebviroments and a good drink for packing as it needs no sugar or milk.

Another good one is Apple tea again for the reasons above.

Mocha is top dog, but I generally carry coffee (Carte Noir or Gold Blend), and Brown Sugar. Real coffee in the field is a luxury that I have never used.

Tea I barely ever use, it provides waste if you haven't time to dry your tea bags and use them as tinder

Gary

Apr 17, 2003
from Essex
Yep mocha is a chocolate coffee mix - the chocolate generates heat and contains energy while the coffee stimulates the brain and so as such (being hot too) is great for cold enviroments.

nestles even sell it in sachets so its even easier to make/carry!

Abbe Osram

Native
Nov 8, 2004
Sweden
milzart.blogspot.com
Jake Rollnick said:
Coffee...then Black tea. Never with sugar!

But, is it just me, or is instant coffee much nicer than the real deal? :yikes: I have found no-one who agrees!

Does milk taste funny out of flasks to anyone else?

No, here is one agreing with you, I like instant coffee more. When they started developing instant coffee it was much too bitter for me and I didn't like it. Today they are so good that I enjoy the instant coffee more. Its lighter too and easier to fix in the bush.

cheers
Abbe

:chill:

tenbears10

Native
Oct 31, 2003
xxxx
Abbe and Jake I will invite you to come to my house and have a proper cup of coffee. Instant is just rubbish in comparison to a decent espresso. I was in italy recently and every cafe had the best cappuccio and espresso you could hope for.

Bill

CLEM

Jul 10, 2004
Stourbridge
Nightfall said:
I like yerba mate, followed up by cocoa. I love the smell of coffee but cant stand the taste.
What in the Sam Hill is Yerba(allways wanted to say that),but really what is it, ive never heard of it.

JakeR

Jan 18, 2004
Cardiff
Bill, hopefully you'll be at the meet-up and can show me th error of my ways!

:oops: :oops: I know i shouldn't say this...please find it in your hearts to forgive, but the best coffee i ever tasted was on the train back to Cardiff form London. Instant Kenco :eek:ops :oops:

:rolmao:

Glad i'm not alone!

hobbitboy

Forager
Jun 30, 2004
Erm... it's variable
But, is it just me, or is instant coffee much nicer than the real deal?

Heretic!!!! NO! NO! and one more NO! Instant coffee is sucha poor substitute! Drink Carte Noir "in the field" as it were due to ease, although waking up to fresh real coffee after a cold night is so fantastic!

Abbe Osram

Native
Nov 8, 2004
Sweden
milzart.blogspot.com
tenbears10 said:
Abbe and Jake I will invite you to come to my house and have a proper cup of coffee. Instant is just rubbish in comparison to a decent espresso. I was in italy recently and every cafe had the best cappuccio and espresso you could hope for.

Bill

There you got me Bill I really forgot about espresso, I love that stuff but really hard to make in the forest. :wink: Anyhow I would love to come and have a cup of Java with you mate.

:pack:
Abbe

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE