Cobb cooker

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Freightdog

Dec 28, 2020
Warwickshire
Has anyone used a cobb cooker? I was gifted one last year but I've not had much success with it. Just wondering if anyone has any tips on the best way to use it?

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
I don't have one but my sister has used one for years with their campervan and swears by it. To be fair she's cooked us some pretty good meals on it when we've been camping together. What kind of things are you having problems with?

Freightdog

Dec 28, 2020
Warwickshire
I don't have one but my sister has used one for years with their campervan and swears by it. To be fair she's cooked us some pretty good meals on it when we've been camping together. What kind of things are you having problems with?
Yes, people seem to rave about them, but I have trouble maintaining the heat for long enough. I'm using coconut brickets, they get pretty hot, but they also burn out quite quickly so the cooking time is quite short. Even filling the basket right up isn't enough to do anything other than burgers etc. My last attempt at a chicken ended up being microwaved to finish it....even after 2hrs??

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
Yes, people seem to rave about them, but I have trouble maintaining the heat for long enough. I'm using coconut brickets, they get pretty hot, but they also burn out quite quickly so the cooking time is quite short. Even filling the basket right up isn't enough to do anything other than burgers etc. My last attempt at a chicken ended up being microwaved to finish it....even after 2hrs??
Ah, OK, that's quite specific - I'll find out what she burns and how much her cobb consumes.

eel28

Settler
Aug 27, 2009
Bedfordshire
Australian Heat Beads are what you want, about a dozen of them will keep me cooking all day! Three meals, a cake and a loaf of bread.

Very frugal on fuel, not the quickest of cooking devices, but always gets "interested" people popping over for a chat

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE