Cob Workshop

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

inthewids

Nomad
Aug 12, 2008
Morayshire
Hi folks, today i took part in a cob workshop, i had read about it previously and found it interesting, i only found out about this a few days ago and jumped at the chance to take part, the teacher was a very talented Rhyddian Knight, we were talked through the materials and the tools then got our hands and feet dirty making some of our own :)

The cob's we made were used for a stove surround/bench that we started work on after lunch. It was a brilliant day and im now trying to find out about voluntery work or apprenticeships)(anyone know of any)?? Anyway, here are some photos from the day, it was a glorious day :D

2009_0222cobbing0064-1.jpg

Me Cob's
2009_0222cobbing0066.jpg

Gas bottle cob fire
2009_0222cobbing0072.jpg

The yurt stove/bench under constuction
2009_0222cobbing0070.jpg

Fraxinus

Settler
Oct 26, 2008
Canterbury
Nice post Inthewids,
On first reading I thought these were a form of fuel (due to piccy of cob burner), though further research showed them to be "blocks" or "bricks".
Can you enlighten us further or suggest a book or site to elaborate on the useage and making of cob's.
Ta in advance, Fraxinus (sometimes confused and often ignored:D )

Fraxinus

Settler
Oct 26, 2008
Canterbury
Thanks for the clarification, I knew of Dobe builds but did not equate the two.( Am putting it down to brain cell crashing due to red wine consumption:D )
Very informative link and the video shows the versatility of the medium.
ATB Fraxinus.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE