Clozex Surgical skin closures

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
These just popped up randomly whilst surfing pinterest.

Warning for the squeamish, Contains open wound and surgery pictures

Reactions: BJJJ and Toddy

Pupers

May 6, 2021
Dartmoor
Not convinced this is a First Aid item tbh, more like something a physician/surgeon/doctor would use. Learned First Aid skills are sufficient for the lay person, which the vast majority of us are. Just my opinion

Reactions: Nice65

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Seems okay if you conveniently cut yourself on a dry flat area, but will stick with steristrips tbh.

Have you looked at the pics of the femoral artery incision? Bit more going on than steri-strips. Admittedly I’m not too sure how good they’d be on an active body area like a hip or knee, but they do look impressive compared to staples.

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Look more convenient than Zip Stitches, sticky pads with something resembling a zip tie to pull the wound close.

MrEd

Life Member
Feb 18, 2010
Surrey/Sussex
www.thetimechamber.co.uk
Have you looked at the pics of the femoral artery incision? Bit more going on than steri-strips. Admittedly I’m not too sure how good they’d be on an active body area like a hip or knee, but they do look impressive compared to staples.
Yeah I did, and can’t really see what it offers that a well placed steristrip wouldn’t do as well, then covered with an occlusive dressing.
Looks good idea, and certainly those healed scars looks good - so for cosmetics possibly a good bet, but then when I worked in plastics I saw some surgeons doing some astounding cosmetic stuff using just stitches, albeit it tiny stitches.

Cant see the value in a first aid kit tbh

Reactions: Pupers

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
Yeah I did, and can’t really see what it offers that a well placed steristrip wouldn’t do as well, then covered with an occlusive dressing.
Cant see the value in a first aid kit tbh
I agree, it’s certainly not a FAK item, FAK items are steri-strips and duct tape. But as a non penetrating wound closure, it’s pretty impressive. I’ve had three hip ops, all closed with staples, all with the possibility of infection until removal with wire cutters about 10 days later leaving holes. And, no bath or shower for that time.

Medically it’s brilliant, but to be honest I have trouble operating a roll of sellotape let alone anything like that.

Reactions: Pupers and MrEd

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE