Cleaning Titanium?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
Hi.

Anyone got any tips for cleaning Titanium? My MSR mug is looking definately the worse for wear. Really coffee stained. I know its fussy but i hate handing poeple a dirty mug. The instructions when i got it said to avoid strong acids.

Cheers,

Bagheera

Forager
Jan 8, 2004
The Netherlands
home.kabelfoon.nl
Wayne,

Got the same problem, my Snow Peak 600 cup looks brown on the inside from the Tea that I've been drinking from it in the past month and I've not yet succeeded in getting it cleaned out.

I will try using a dentures (artificial teeth thingie) cleaning tablet it normally works fine on thermos bottles for cleaning out coffee/milk/Tea residues.

If you find something please let us know.

Best Scouting wishes from Holland,

Bagheera

Lemoneyewash

Tenderfoot
Mar 16, 2004
UK
Wayne said:
Hi.

Anyone got any tips for cleaning Titanium? My MSR mug is looking definately the worse for wear. Really coffee stained. I know its fussy but i hate handing poeple a dirty mug. The instructions when i got it said to avoid strong acids.

Cheers,

Bleach it.
Oh, and stop drinking so much coffee.... :shock: :wink:

Wayne said:
Hi.

Cheers,

trick that works im My S/Steel Flask is to soak in very Hot water with Washing Powder ( ie DAZ etc )
Gets it really clean just have to Rince it well to prevent Soapy Coffee

Duncan

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE