Clark Jungle Hammock - Importing experience?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

scottisha5

Maker
Nov 14, 2009
Motherwell, Scotland, UK
Hi All,

Apols if this has been covered before, tried a search to no avail.

Anyone own a Clark Jungle Hammock and if so where did you get it and did you have any importing or tax problems?

I fancy the Clark NX 250 @ www.junglehammock.com

Experiences and photos welcomed. Many thanks in advance

John
Scottisha5
Motherwell

Aron

Jan 4, 2010
Odiham, Hampshire
Hi John.
Hope you dont mind me saying but these Hammocks seem very expensive?

I done a months stint out in Borneo, everyday in a hammock when crossing from East to West. My hammock(8ft), mossy box net and basha came to around £50. Hammock and mossy net from Cotswold, Basha from Army surplus. OH plus a roll of para cord.
Worked a treat.

Hope this is some help in anyway.

All the best,

Aron

scottisha5

Maker
Nov 14, 2009
Motherwell, Scotland, UK
Hi Aron, thanks for your reply.

Im in a DD Travel hammock at the moment and was looking to upgrade. I reckon comfort sleeping is a must so was scouting around.

Anyone else with any experience of Clarks or similar?

atb

John
Motherwell
ScottishA5

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
Their shipping service is very good but you will be stung for VAT and duty by the boys at customs and revenue.

I have to admit that I have since sold my Clark hammock. It was over designed - but beautifully made - and didn't really offer the flexibility that I like in my gear. I wouldn't want to put you off if you've got your heart set on one, but I reckon that there are a good number of more reasonably priced options out there.

If you do go for one, see if you can't get a friend Stateside to wrap it up for you and send it across as a gift - it'll save you a few bob!

lamper

Jun 4, 2009
Brighton UK
www.peligra.com
John,

I would agree with Tiley.

A mate has one and is now looking to trade it in for a Hennesy. Although he did say the heat shield in the Jungle Hammock was very cool.

Mike

Oblio13

Settler
Sep 24, 2008
New Hampshire
oblio13.blogspot.com
...A mate has one and is now looking to trade it in for a Hennesy....

I had a Hennessy and now use a Clark. The latter is warmer and more weather-proof than the former.

My favorite way to camp during bug season, and it'll stand up to a lot of rain.

IMG_0106-1.jpg

Last edited:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Service was very quick, it took about a week to arrive, and I got nailed for the import duty.

How much did you get stung for Tobes ?

Just curious as I've got a $300 down underblanket coming from the states and I've just tracked it to the nice people at GB Customs.

tobes01

May 4, 2009
Hampshire
Can't remember precisely, but it was for import duty AND VAT, which came to a scary 30% or so. I do remember being very gutted indeed when that happened...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE