CLA Game Fair 28th-30th JUly, Romsey

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Longstrider

Settler
Sep 6, 2005
South Northants
Until last year I worked on the set-up of the Game Fair every year wherever it was being held (My boss is the contract manager for the event) and I can assure you that it's a kit junkies paradise. You have to "think out of the box" a little with a lot of the gear on sale as the Fair is aimed at the hunting/shooting/fishing fraternity, but Gunmakers Row usually throws up a few knife stalls and there is outdoor clothing and boots a-plenty. As I have shot and fished all my life I find it to be a great event to attend and would have been there again this year to meet up with old friends, check out various new ideas and shop 'til I dropped, BUT... It's the same weekend as the Bush Moot. No contest. Been to plenty of Game Fairs, never been to the Moot before. I'm off to Wales that weekend! :)

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
I was just about to the same thing Longstrider !
Same weekend as the moot !!!
Still there's always the Midland Game fair to go to as well - nearly as big with some interesting knife stalls usually and not quite so long ques to get in ...

Mark

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
Always a great event for “kit”, as already stated, and even better if you fish and want a new rod at a good price. Be patient in the queue for loosing a few arrows at the life-size field target animals and, of course, when waiting to break the china plates on the catapult range. Both fantastic fun!

My tip for real gear junkies and who crave something a little bit different is to make sure you take a look at the jackets and pants on offer at one of the main – if not the only – stalls selling archery equipment. Last year I spent all my dosh on a camo (there’s a surprise!) hoodie that really should have been modelled by Alan “What Bear Do I Look Like” Sugar! According to the chap who sold it to me they are all the rage with Field Archers during the winter months and as a bonus have the ability to create a great deal of attention amongst the female membership as they simply cannot resist stroking the soft pile!! :rolleyes:

AlanSugarJacket.jpg

Don’t forget to haggle over prices as it makes such a change from what happens when you try it on in Asda!

Cheers

ScottC

Banned
May 2, 2004
uk
Can't get to the bushmoot this year but this looks fun so I'll be going down for the day probably.

qweeg500

Forager
Sep 14, 2003
Hampshire
I'll be at the CLA Gamefair on the Saturday. In my spare time I'm often flyfishing, shooting and drinking real ale (not at the same time of course :) ) so I'll be in hogs heaven.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE