Circular saw blade knife suggestions.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Hi all, I'm looking for suggestions for a blade shape to cut from a 1.5mm thick circular saw blade.
I have cut the tang, but would like to hear any ideas about blade type or shape.IMG_20200511_132150.jpg
IMG_20200511_132424.jpg

punkrockcaveman

Jan 28, 2017
yorks
I'm a big fan of the sheepsfoot style, but with a very slight curve along the full length of the edge. about 70mm long and quite narrow say 15mm makes a very efficient cutter. I use mine for whittling and filleting fish mainly

Buckshot

Mod
Mod
Jan 19, 2004
Oxford
Indeed
I have a large saw blade (about 30 inches diameter) that i need to do something with.
the steel is 4mm or so thick. I'm thinking some sort of Parang/ machette...

Reactions: crosslandkelly

mr dazzler

Native
Aug 28, 2004
uk
It depends what you want to use it for.
I've always favoured drop point willow leaf type blades (mora shape and similar) for carving....BUT I recently made a large and a small knife both with hefty round bellys, like a miniature leukku sort of shappe...and its been a revelation. That curve is very useful for getting into concave shapes, and the last bit of the tip is still active for fine trimming.

Reactions: crosslandkelly

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE