Christmas Soup Spoon

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SJStuart

Settler
Jan 22, 2013
Suffolk Coast
DSC_0656.JPG

I spent my Christmas Eve first sharpening my tools (because, I have to confess, I'd used them heavily and hadn't bothered sharpening them for a while) then dulling their fresh razor edges again by making yet another spoon... only this one for soups and stews :)

It's made from Beech, and - once tidied up and sanded, which I'm doing right now - will be oiled and dried ready for use.

I've made it using only the knife and crook shown in the picture (and for those wondering, the shavings have been collected in my hat to go on the fire at some point in the near future)

Next on my woodwork project list: an oak ladle :)

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Very nice way to spend christmas eve, and as above I really like the picture....................

SJStuart

Settler
Jan 22, 2013
Suffolk Coast
Thanks guys!

I've just been commissioned to make a bespoke spoon for a particularly large pan... and this spoon will have corners on it to ensure it stirs the entire contents of the pan (apparently they're having an issue with typical wooden spoons where the edge of the pan is always burning)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE