Christmas/New Years Meet at Swyns 5 & 6 Jan 2008

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Aaron

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2003
Oxford/Gloucs border
If you can get yourself to Great Missenden (from Marylebone) or alternatively Amersham on the tube (Central Line) I can give you a life mate:)

May 28, 2007
Biggleswade
Thankyou Swyn

I am uncertain if I posted correctly to say,
I would love to join you ladies and gentlemen
for another get together,
I've still had no luck catching a rabbit though
maybe its my technique?

Deborah James

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
Just a quick update on my prep demo - I can confirm that it WILL include deer prep, as I managed to bag a wee beastie yesterday and now have it hanging in the chiller - The skin will be available for anyone that wants it so first to stake a claim here gets it (limited to attendees of the meet only)

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
Skin gone to dgcalvert - that was quick!

The mystical art of tanning is probably worthy of an entire weekend demo on its own I am afraid abushcrafter but I am more than happy to let you take a few of the skins from the prep demo if you fancy having a go. There are some tutorials on the web if you do a bit of googling but be warned, rabbit skins are some of the hardest to do so probably not the best to cut your tanning teeth on!

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
Skin gone to dgcalvert - that was quick!

Thanks very much. I've learned from missing out on a few things in the past that you need to be off the mark like a shot when something good is going for the asking. Look forward to meeting you at the weekend - hope your throat is better.

At Swyn's request I will be bringing my bagpipes along - not sure if this will be a treat or a threat! I played to about 150 people in our street when I serenaded the New Year in this year. At the very least, I hope to play the traditional lament Flowers of the Forest as a tribute for a good friend whose 11 week old baby died one hour into the New Year.

Geoff

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
Thanks very much. I've learned from missing out on a few things in the past that you need to be off the mark like a shot when something good is going for the asking. Look forward to meeting you at the weekend - hope your throat is better.

At Swyn's request I will be bringing my bagpipes along - not sure if this will be a treat or a threat! I played to about 150 people in our street when I serenaded the New Year in this year. At the very least, I hope to play the traditional lament Flowers of the Forest as a tribute for a good friend whose 11 week old baby died one hour into the New Year.

Geoff
Ooh that is tough - I am sitting here licking my wounds having been ill over Christmas and generally feeling a bit miserable that I didn't enjoy as much as I should have then you hear things like that and it does put it into perspective :(

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
from the weather report, maybe a roycroft pattern snow shoes workshop would be better ??

Im seriously thinking of that myself. Practise for Norway and good knowledge building.

Is there any cuttable hazel etc on site ??

Cheers
Nick

Rod

On a new journey
Amended nos Swyn

1 Pablo
2 Litefoot.
3 Jason Sears
4 Nickg
5 Richie O
6-7 3Please x2
8 dgcalvert
9 AndyW x2
10 Bootstrap Bob
11 Aaron
12-13 Rod (+ 1on day release only)
14-16 Silverback x3 ?
17 benp1
18 lupus
19 sandsnakes
20 Pitkin
21 rich59 ?
22-23 Gwhtbushcraft x2
24-28 abushcrafter (me & dad +x2?)
29 shep
30 C_Claycomb
31 -Switch-
32 Longstrider

cheers

bobstevenson

Dec 19, 2007
Buxton
Just wondering if I will be able to borrow someone's small pan to cook on?

I can't find my camping cooking pot anywhere, all I could find was the kettle, so if I could borrow a pan, I'll be happy to make you a cuppa :)

Looking forward to this weekend.

Silverback

Sep 29, 2006
England
My missus and oldest son are off visiting a new arrival so I will only be bringing my youngest - list amended

1 Pablo
2 Litefoot.
3 Jason Sears
4 Nickg
5 Richie O
6-7 3Please x2
8 dgcalvert
9 AndyW x2
10 Bootstrap Bob
11 Aaron
12-13 Rod (+ 1on day release only)
14-15 Silverback +1
16 benp1
17 lupus
18 sandsnakes
19 Pitkin
20 rich59 ?
21-22 Gwhtbushcraft x2
23-26 abushcrafter (me & dad +x2?)
27 shep
28 C_Claycomb
29 -Switch-
30 Longstrider

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE