Christmas Gifts

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
Come on then people, lets see your gifts, bushey or not.....

Happy Christmas and I hope we have a better new year for all...:)

My gift today was 4 hours in A&E but thats a different story...

regards

chris.

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
OK OK....

its not so bad really, was up the mountains xmas eve and had a fall, eeeerm, off the mountain, good job my jetboil is packed in the pouch at the front as thats what stopped me going to far (or off the cliff edge). really sore wrist today so went for an X-ray, suspected fractured Metotarsel (spelling) in my wrist...cuts grazes, bruised shoulder and chest where i smashed into a rock.

all my weight (as well as the bergan of course) went mostly on one wrist, but i can still run....:):):):):):):)

its all good though because i got a good time on my run that day....:):):):):):)

Ooof not good bud.

Gifts wise i got ventile gaiters kupilka plate brit army arctic socks pair of leather work gauntlets. Star wars episodes 1-3 dr who dvd swedish carving techniques a wee knife maintenence kit. Yard o jaffa cakes.

Jake got a scaletrix.............. honest it had nowt to do with me honest

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Got a Ben Orford Mocotaguan, so expect to see some homemade, paddles, axe handles, bows, large shallow plates, and snowshoes in the near [or far!] future. :)

[Hope youre healing well Lannyman]

Last edited:

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I did very well (will try to get some pics up later). I got a Sharks Designs belt pouch for my Hudson Bay Tinder Box, a little leather bound notebook with handmade paper for keeping notes and doing sketches in, some nice tinder, the makings of a nice crook stick that I get to finish myself, a big tin of Kendal Mint Cake (the tin will be great for my drawing pencils), some clever wee things a mate made out of the brass parts of 12g shotgun shells; (a wee pill box and some fridge magnets.), some wee jars of preserves for bushy breakfasts, a Kindle Fire (to replace the old Kindle I misplaced a couple of years back) which I've loaded a heap of books, games and movies too and a wee Damascus neck knife. So I've obviously been a good lad this year as that's a phenomenal rake of brilliant prezzies. So thank you to my two mates responsible for a hoard of godies that'll keep me out of trouble for a good while.
Reading the things others got we must all have folk who really care for us and though it's better to give than receive it's very , very nice to receive the gifts that I've seen posted up this morning.
Personally I'm off to compose my thank you letters.

tartanferret

Aug 25, 2011
barnsley
Yet another rucksack, a vacuum sealing machine and some down tent booties.

Oh and some carbon fibre tent pegs from my cat :lmao:

Also got some nice tins of French food, Duck confit, cassoulet etc

GSI Pepper mill and spice rack

And of course Lindor chocs and pickled eggs as usual.

I treated myself to a new Tarp but that's not going to be here for a while :(

lannyman8

Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
sounds like we had a good result...

thanks for asking how im doing all, very well just annoyed as i cant do my press ups and upper body work out for a while...:(:(:(:(

as for gifts i got a really good photo album compilation, a pair of Bear Grylls walking trousers black and slate and a Bear Grylls fleesey hoodey jacket....perfect for more mountain days...;)

have a good new year all, i will be training...;)

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Sorry to hear of your troubles Lannyman, sounds like it could have been a serious one. Hopefully you'll have a speedy recovery :)

Well I managed to get to Silky Super Accel saw to replace my laplander that's done me grand service for almost 7 years and Alppkit Gama headtorch from my wife :cool:

My bush son gave me a selection of bush soaps for different applications... I still reckon he's trying to say something about the smell of me when I go camping :D

CallsignSam

Nomad
Jun 13, 2013
Kent
I did very well this year! A GB Swedish carving axe, a small Brusletto carving knife and to top it off a lovely frost river summit expedition pack!
Well chuffed!

Hope everyone else had a great Christmas!

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Heal fast!
I got some class booze - Laphroiag Select and some Morgan Spicy, some books .. fairly random but readable (one I have already in a different format) and RMs autobiog, some sweeties, a Nerf Gun type thing, a weird "Ethnic" instrument, like a thumb harp but with a coconut sound box, -( pity I cannot play a darn thing!) a wooden racing car kit that comes with the instructions - "press out all the pieces and put them together to match the 4 photos" - several hundred pieces and NO STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS!!!
IT COULD END UP AS KINDLING! Some coloured pencils, some picture stencils, a foil scraper picture thing of wolves and a colouring in book (some of these might end up at work...) nuts chocs, some SERIOUS coffee and some Hazel syrup to make lesser coffee more interesting.
The booze was the real prezzy - the rest is "extras" and fun ... I also got an unpublished pic of Bushcraft Betty :) the only really Bushy prezzie of the lot!
I have more to come when I visit my Aunt on the first of 2015 (work stopped me going up for Xmas day...)

Clouston98

Woodsman & Beekeeper
Aug 19, 2013
Cumbria
I got quite a it but I've been using it for months as my pressies are usually bought in August :D

I got:

Weirauch HW97KT in .22
A hawke sport IR AO 3-9x50 scope and mounts
Various pellets and accessories
Frost river Nessmuk pack
Prost eiver pack basket
First river trifold fly wallet
Frost river SB lunch bag
Barbour Waxed trooper jacket was a pressie as well
Various other stuff that I can't remember 'coz it's been so long since I bought it ;)

TallMikeM

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 30, 2005
Hatherleigh, Devon
this year I got indigestion, same as last year actually.

oh, and a dislocated finger courtesy of a fall down the stairs (though that was a few days before). Working out quite well actually, can't do much with my left hand, so mrs tallM is having to do all the baking, washing up, firewood fetching etc.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE