Chorizo fried bannock

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

punkrockcaveman

Jan 28, 2017
yorks
Cheers folks!

No cheese, was thinking of recipes with extended trips in mind, so no fresh meat or dairy. Perhaps some parmesan would work though!

punkrockcaveman

Jan 28, 2017
yorks
Self raising flour, a pinch of baking powder, oregano, salt. Mix it up dry. Add a bit of oil and water and mix, should be wetter than bread mix.

Fry on a medium to high heat in a good bit of oil. Too low a heat and they don't seem to fluff up as much.

These ones I fried the chorizo off in the oil first so they soaked up some of that chorizo flavour as they fry.

Stew

Bushcrafter through and through
Nov 29, 2003
Aylesbury
stewartjlight-knives.com
Self raising flour, a pinch of baking powder, oregano, salt. Mix it up dry. Add a bit of oil and water and mix, should be wetter than bread mix.

Fry on a medium to high heat in a good bit of oil. Too low a heat and they don't seem to fluff up as much.

These ones I fried the chorizo off in the oil first so they soaked up some of that chorizo flavour as they fry.

Have you thought of dicing the chorizo up and putting it in the mix after frying? I find it works well.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE