Chlorine Diox Tablets & Camelbak Bladder.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Mar 15, 2011
on the heather
I'm planing on fitting a Sawyer mini water filter, (in-line style) to my Camelbak tube and when necessary just adding Chlorine Diox C102 tablets to the Camelbak reservoir to deal with the nasties, however someone said there could be a problem with adding some tablets to some bags, any advice on the subject most welcome, Cheers.

Last edited:

mick91

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 13, 2015
Sunderland
I've been using chlorine diox tablets in mine for ages with no I'll effect. Do you need them with the filter though? I thought sawyers filtered pathogens (excl viruses)

Mar 15, 2011
on the heather
Hi Mick91
I was just watching something about filters on MCQBushcraft to double check, Viruses, pesticides and herbicides seem to be about the only thing it cant do, the advise here was to pair the two.
watch 5 to 7 minuets in about the Sawyer filter, and advice about combining the two systems near the end, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FI82HzbIohs
I'm going to have to go and look up viruses now.

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2011
on the heather
I just checked out the Camelbak site, the active ingredient in their recommended reservoir cleaning tablets is "and I should have guessed" what else but, ClO2 Chlorine dioxide, so definitely no problem there. Cheers Mick.

Last edited:

mick91

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 13, 2015
Sunderland
A reverse osmosis pump will remove both viruses and chemical contaminants but they're bigger and more expensive than sawyers

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Mar 15, 2011
on the heather
In addition to the Sawyer .1 mii, Sawyer also make a 0.02 filter which removes viruses. No that much bigger than a mini, but is much slower.
Hi
Would that be the squeeze filter? I did have a look at that one, looks like a good filter with the squeeze bag fitted , I want the filter to sit inside a maxpidition bag and fit it in line to a Camelbak tube and I thought I might have to sook like hell to get a drink out of a tube. Space and weight saving is also very important with a 16l single strap pack.The Aquamaria Frontier straw was my next option to save more space and weight. Cheers for looking though bud.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE