Chinese water deer

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Snufkin

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 13, 2004
Norfolk
I was out walking with my folks the other day at How Hill fen and I came across the tracks of a Chinese Water deer (I think). The tracks were about 4cm long and almost directly registering (a distinguishing characteristic) also found elongated droppings that certainly weren't any other deer species. I wish I had taken the digital camera so I could post pics.
It's the first sign I have seen of them. I am not keen on introduced deer species, munjac are vermin, but I would like to see a chinese water deer.

R-Bowskill

Forager
Sep 16, 2004
Norwich
They get quite a few down at Wheat Fen, obviously they like the wetlands of Norfolk. Is it a coincidence that Muntjack rhymes with quick snack???

The landlord of my local says there are some near where the East Anglia group are having their first meet up so that's another place to look for chineese water deer or their tracks etc.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE