chicago screws brass? best quality.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
I have been buying C screws from le prevo for the last couple of orders but the prices have become a bit steep, so I want to look elsewhere.
I bought some from ebay and they turned out to be garbage. I just got another couple sent through that looked better from ebay and are also crap.

Is there a good quality supplier out there that you use? I'm looking to get around 50 of the same type as in the pictures as these have done the job well.

GttGCfcl.jpg

iZkkW8ol.jpg

iuI6uX1l.jpg

uJoIJBOl.jpg

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
I can't recommend a particular supply, since I have bought mine all from The Identity Store.

When you have looked around, have you searched for post binding screws? That is another name for them and possibly more commonly used term in the UK.

Accu Screws carry brass or nickel plated steel (male and female sold separately) with saving for buying quantity.
https://www.accu.co.uk/en/male-and-female-binder-screws/505841-HBSM-3-S-BR
I don't know about those screws, but I have had other screws from them and been very pleased with their quality and service. They aim themselves at engineering and industry rather more than hobby and craft, so should be better than the ebay suppliers.

These look good, priced per 100

Bit more expensive, but look good too

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
Great thanks, looks like some nice options with JFK leading, I think these look better than my previous best buys.

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Think I got some Husqvarna ones a while ago, can't remember the exact measurements but they were for attaching a Husky pouch to a belt. Mebbe about 10mm between the heads?

lostplanet

Aug 18, 2005
Kent
Screws arrived. Look good. The post and thread is much beefier than the standard one so will last longer hopefully. Thanks for the info.

X2AfZbVl.jpg

2mDMcvXl.jpg

TqGNyiQl.jpg

ZcE4ydal.jpg

Reactions: MrEd

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE