Cherry Whisky Quaichs

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

yarrow

Forager
Nov 23, 2004
Dublin
Made a few Whisky Quaichs from cherry.

Some appeal to me more than others aesthetically.

Big thanks to treetop57 for the cherry. The inside is sanded smooth, the outside straight from the knife, finished with tung oil. Thanks for looking.

Last edited:

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Very very nice mate all of them. Nothing like a whisky from a wooden vessel.
Must have some hours in all that lot and Cherry being hard as nails too and I feel for your fingers. Certainly worth it, very nice again.

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
As Dreadhead says absolutely stunning. Just remember that if you need them tested and christened I'm always available:eek: Fantastic work.

yarrow

Forager
Nov 23, 2004
Dublin
Thanks for the kind words:). I can make two a day, they take a week or so to dry out then a quick oil and they are done. Its so nice to be greeted with the smell of cherry wood each time I open my workshop door each morning, this particular tree smells really nice and strong.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Thanks for the kind words:). I can make two a day, they take a week or so to dry out then a quick oil and they are done. Its so nice to be greeted with the smell of cherry wood each time I open my workshop door each morning, this particular tree smells really nice and strong.

Ah the smell of organocyanide in the morning :)

yarrow

Forager
Nov 23, 2004
Dublin
Ah the smell of organocyanide in the morning :)

Spooky - me and treetop57 were just talking about sheep eating Laurel and getting organocyanide poisoning, the things these trees will do to stop getting eaten. I blame the elephants!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE