Chat problems

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
Hi all!

Over the past few weeks I've been made aware of the number of bugs and problems and incompatibilities with the current chat setup here on bcUK ... I hate to have things that only half work and even more when there are bugs in it that don't look that they are going to be ironed out (and bugs that affec some more than others).

With this in mind I will be phasing out the current chat software and replacing it with a better chat application ASAP.

gb

Forager
Nov 4, 2003
Cornwall
Personally i prefer the old style rooms, they were much simpler and looked better IMO>
But if more people can log into the new ones then :biggthump
Gets my vote

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
With the new chatroom you can also see that there are people in there which is much better. It's more integrated with member info etc So, even though it's not as good looking it is more 'get people on there' friendly. :biggthump

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
An excellent addition and well integrated. Now I can see who is in there instead of wandering in on the off chance I may find someone.... cheers :biggthump

Ed

Ed

bothyman

Settler
Nov 19, 2003
Sutherland. Scotland.
Well I can't even get in it ?? and I never had any problems with the old one.

Why changed something when it isn't broke??

If I try to change rooms it just keeps returning to the change rooms page.

If I to post on the default page (The only one I can get in) it takes an age to come up plus the message stays in the message box after it has come up on the main screen??

And I have no problems getting in other groups Chatrooms??

Adi007

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 3, 2003
bothyman said:
Well I can't even get in it ?? and I never had any problems with the old one.

Why changed something when it isn't broke??

If I to post on the default page (The only one I can get in) it takes an age to come up plus the message stays in the message box after it has come up on the main screen??

And I have no problems getting in other groups Chatrooms??
Why change something that isn't broken ... well, I'll tell you that the other one was well and truly broken. It was the most complained about feature we had and it was a case of updating or scrapping it altogether.

Your saying in the one post that "I can't even get in it" and "If I try to change rooms it just keeps returning to the change rooms page" and "If I to post on the default page" - that sound to me like you are managing to get in. Which is it?

This is slower than the other chat but offers greater coverage and integrates better with the forum. However, it is a free tool made by members of the vBulletin community and as such not perfect.

TheViking

Native
Jun 3, 2004
I like the new chat better than the old one. This one looks more vBulletin and there's more options. :biggthump

Kath

Native
Feb 13, 2004
bothyman said:
About changing rooms:

This isn't a problem you're having. It's just that after you select a room in the vBChat Room Change option, you then need to go back to vBChat area by clicking on the link on the left of the blue bar.

Hope that helps!!! :-D

bothyman

Settler
Nov 19, 2003
Sutherland. Scotland.
Adi007 said:
Why change something that isn't broken ... well, I'll tell you

Your saying in the one post that "I can't even get in it" and "If I try to change rooms it just keeps returning to the change rooms page" and "If I to post on the default page" - that sound to me like you are managing to get in. Which is it?

This is slower than the other chat QUOTE]

You asked for feedback I gave it , so why are you being so arrogant about it?? :?:
As I said I did not seem to have any problems with the old one, but it seems others did. :roll:

I can't get into the chatroom everyone else is in, and can only get into the default one (which no one uses) which does not seem to work correctly for some reason, :yikes:
try reading my post again.

My connection is already very slow compared to many others which could be one of the problems?? :naughty:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE