changing user password

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Aragorn

Settler
Aug 20, 2006
Wrexham, North Wales
just read in a post, some people are having problems changing there login password, i know i was for ages and then stumbled upon this, instead of selecting USER CP - EDIT PROFILE - EDIT EMAIL & PASSWORD, if you look in the left hand margin at the bottom under USER MENU there is A MY PROFILE option, this will bring up a sort of contact card of your profile including avatar, last online etc, click on EDIT and then select UPDATE YOUR PROFILE this will present you with two tabs 1. Additional info and 2. contact info, select CONTACT INFO and here you can change your email address and password, don't foget to click on UPDATE before closing the window, this worked for me so hopefully will for others.;)

Before you try this, please see Ed's reply at Post #12. or, as posted on similar thread in Suggestions area
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually that may not work ..... the method above seems to only change your password in one of the pieces of software.... so you may find that you cannot access all the site resources or in a worst case you will be locked out completely and have to get an admin to make all the changes by hand.

The only way to currently change you password is to use the 'forgotten password' link when you sign in and the system will email you a new password to your email address that is registered in your profile.

This site is currently only a temporary measure as we are rebuilding on another server which we hope will all be up and running soon.

Please bare with us while we are making the change over.... Thank you

Ed

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
just read in a post, some people are having problems changing there login password, i know i was for ages and then stumbled upon this, instead of selecting USER CP - EDIT PROFILE - EDIT EMAIL & PASSWORD, if you look in the left hand margin at the bottom under USER MENU there is A MY PROFILE option, this will bring up a sort of contact card of your profile including avatar, last online etc, click on EDIT and then select UPDATE YOUR PROFILE this will present you with two tabs 1. Additional info and 2. contact info, select CONTACT INFO and here you can change your email address and password, don't foget to click on UPDATE before closing the window, this worked for me so hopefully will for others.;)
Good find, cheers Strider...I havent got a clue what my password is, I have to keep asking for a new one each time I do a cookie clear and thats a pain in the wotsits....

Aragorn

Settler
Aug 20, 2006
Wrexham, North Wales
usm.jpg

madrussian

Nomad
Aug 18, 2006
New Iberia, Louisiana USA
Thanks. For some reason it did not show that section on my work computor even though I was logged in. When I got home and came to the site to try again, there it was. But it wouldn't show me the new post link. :aargh4: So I logged out and logged back in with the new password and now everything is working. So far. Thanks again.

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
PLEASE DO NOT USE THE METHOD ABOVE AS IT MAY OR MAY NOT WORK!!! worst case is that you may be locked out completely and the admin will have to fix your account by hand.

Ed

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE