Changes to site?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Ah, site is still being tinkered with.

Was just about to post there is a problem with Opera 9.50

The forum listing is cut short (or rather not resized) though it does scroll.

andy_e

Native
Aug 22, 2007
Scotland
You probably already know, but another thing to add to the TO DO list, you seem to have a File/Folder permissions issue with the user galleries I've tried a couple of times to upload images and got the same Permission Denied message.

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
Whatever you've done also seems to have fixed the mac / firefox issue and I no longer have to start safari to get on here Thank you!
The old bugs are getting fixed slowly, but the move to the new server has thrown up a slew of others :(

You may find the bug comes back when the old systems are put back in .... but at least we'll have a clue as to where they are to fix them.

Ed

falcon

Aug 27, 2004
Shropshire
An old problem has cropped up again......I managed to post a reply on a thread but, having tried to edit a spelling mistake I get the message that I don't have permission and need to log in. I logged out and back in again but the same thing happened. This used to happen when I tried to comment on Blogs and I never resolved it though forum posting wasn't a problem. Please check it out when you've got time..Thanks

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Ah, site is still being tinkered with.

Was just about to post there is a problem with Opera 9.50

The forum listing is cut short (or rather not resized) though it does scroll.

I noticed something has changed, the forum now stays within it frame, but now means every thread looks like above in Opera 9.5.

Have to expicility open a forum link into a new window for it to be usable.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Yeah, for some reason the pages are opening at the bottom and it's making it difficult to view them fully, it happens mostly after a reply has been made and one has to go to the forum page to see everything, we'll work on it.

Thanks for letting us know

Ed

Admin
Admin
Aug 27, 2003
South Wales Valleys
Yep, went painfully slow yesterday...
Yes :( ... unfortunatly our server host is getting DOS attacked making all their customers sites run extremely slow or not being able to access them at all. Hopefully they will do something about this asap.

Ed

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I'm glad it's not just me then! I go and make a brew between opening a thread and sitting down to read it, this means I am also off to the toilet more often too! :rolleyes:

Good luck with getting everything sorted though, I know we all sound like a bunch of whining gits but it is just because we enjoy the site so much.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
I'm glad it's not just me then! I go and make a brew between opening a thread and sitting down to read it, this means I am also off to the toilet more often too! :rolleyes:

Good luck with getting everything sorted though, I know we all sound like a bunch of whining gits but it is just because we enjoy the site so much.

Appreciated Spamel ;)

There's a mixture of a couple of things at the moment, for some reason we're suffering from DDoS attacks, someone is getting stuck in. Most of the time they can be fended off fine, now and then it affects us and i'm back and forth with the host and he's adjusting things to cut off connections etc.

The other is as Ed mentions, there's a few things that cause issues, to combat this we're upgrading all aspects of the site, installing the latest patches, refining how we do things and looking hard at how the members use the site to see what we can do to keep it running smoothly. Saying all that it's an expensive and time consuming process so I appreciate all the support.

Simon H

Nomad
Feb 20, 2008
The Ashdown Forest
Oddly, I'm struggling to get access to.

I haven't been able to log on since Wed AM, but it says I logged yesterday PM which was an aborted attempt. Also when I click new posts it says that there are no new posts since since 1720 hrs yesterday which is blatantly untrue.

To log on I have to go to the forum's main page, choose a topic at random, then click new post, then it takes me to the log in area. There is no log in area on the main page for me - it's disappeared.

Other forums I visit are all ok so I don't think it's my compter (a Mac if that makes a difference), I just wanted to confirm that all of that was due to problems your end rather than me being a chimp!

Allie

Need to contact Admin...
May 4, 2008
South west
Oddly, I'm struggling to get access to.

I haven't been able to log on since Wed AM, but it says I logged yesterday PM which was an aborted attempt. Also when I click new posts it says that there are no new posts since since 1720 hrs yesterday which is blatantly untrue.

Same with me - the whole site hasn't been working for me since Wednesday - was the site down or was it just me?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE