Cegga BR Axes - Fourth Group Buy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

richardnhunt

Tenderfoot
Jun 3, 2006
Surrey
Found mine saturday morning - where the postie had left it friday round the back of a plant pot :eek:

It is superb - thank you to both Cegga & BR.

Off to play now :D

Rich

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
I had a small oportunity to put the axe through its paces over the weekend of the South Wales meet. How can I have blundered around so blindly in the axe wilderness for so long. This fine tool sings as it cut great lumps of chippings from all that I put under its gaze - fantastic.

ATB

Ogri the trog

Cegga

Nomad
Dec 21, 2006
Sweden
cegga.spaces.live.com
Hi!!
I am happy that all axes seens to come :) .And I send the last one tomorrow that one that I hold for scoops .
Thanks all out there and thanks for not get angry for the deley on the axes :You_Rock_
I did not get my pc back yet hope that it will be ok otherwise I lost everything on it :banghead: have to learn to take backup :thinkerg:
:thanks: again :
Cegga

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I'm delighted its working well for you Ogri - singing axes though? Well it would need to in Wales I guess - if you make a try stick with it I'm told it'll give "Men of Harlech" :)

maverix

Forager
May 16, 2005
North Devon coast
:D :D Got it..

Picked up from the P.O. on my way out to the woods for the weekend. an absolutely stunning tool, and I have to add that I heard it sing too.

Red thanks for taking the time and effort for sorting us out, and Cegga you are lord of the axes.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
I'm delighted its working well for you Ogri - singing axes though? Well it would need to in Wales I guess - if you make a try stick with it I'm told it'll give "Men of Harlech" :)

Red,
I recon you're going deaf to the song of all your "high quality" axes! Compare the dead "thump" of a cheap re-profiled hammer that I have been using, to the "zing" of the the Cegga blade and you might hear what I mean. It is more prominent when withdrawing the edge at a slight angle and the edge catches on the growth rings of the uncut wood - it really does sing as you raise it ready for the next blow - kinda like its happy to be doing the job it was intended for!

ATB

Ogri the trog

seany boy

Nomad
Mar 21, 2006
Lincolnshire
Hi there,
not been able to get on-line lately (no internet connection at home ):(

Just wanted to let Cegga and British Red know that my axe arrived safely and that i'm very very pleased with it:D.

Thanks very much BR for organizing this :You_Rock_

Cegga, at last i have one of your axes :cool: Many thanks, i can't wait to give it some proper use. It looks and feels fantastic.........i've got a pile of sticks and shavings in the shed from my first few trials :)
Your wokmanship is excellent :You_Rock_ thanks again.

All the best. Sean.

Cegga

Nomad
Dec 21, 2006
Sweden
cegga.spaces.live.com
Hi!!
Have all the axes come now I hope so .
Just want to say thanks and now when I have my pc back I can send you a warranty paper if you want I send it in a mail if you want one.you have a warranty even if you don´t have the paper
Thanks hope you write to me and send pics on when you use the axe .
Cegga

familne

Dec 20, 2003
Fife
Hi

Been away for a while and the axe was waiting for me on my return!
It's a fantastic tool, extremely well made - the steel has a beautiful 'ring' to it.

Many thanks to Red and Cegga for this opportunity!

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Theres a few odd heads left from the initial forging that Cegga will probably make up at some point. I'm not sure yet whether I will put these ones up for sale or pay Cegga for them myself - probably a bit of both (theres less than 10 left all told).

After that, we plan to work on a new design for a bit. As for the future - I'm not sure whether we'll do another "run" of BR Hunters. Depends if Cegga wants to I suspect or whether we might do a slightly different design (perhaps one a bit like a Scndinavian or Boys axe would be good - 24" helve)

Red

WoodMonkey

Jun 1, 2006
Berkshire
Thanks for the swift reply. I you do decide to go ahead, could I please reserve two off, If not one please. They look superb. Likewise if you re-design, Please ear mark a pair for me. The quality is outstanding :You_Rock_

Thanks again :)

Derek

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Sadly guys, we don't take orders or reservations. I put them up in the group buy when Cegga has finished them on a "first come, first served" basis.

I do this as Cegga made them as a personal favour to me to my designs and helves and finished them as time from his day job (he is a professional smith for a big firm) permits. Sometimes he is busy - recently he has been doing a lot of commission work (for a movie I believe) and does not have time. I don't want an "order book" putting stress on him - when he has time, he makes em up and, as a result, we get them for a silly price.

However not knowing when he will have time, and wanting him to think of it as a pleasure not a chore means its a "pot luck" thing. We usually sell out in an hour or two so it seems to work.

Red

Cegga

Nomad
Dec 21, 2006
Sweden
cegga.spaces.live.com
I feel the strain ;) .No I have rent my self out to a other company so I have not work at my work for 6 week but now I back and I have soon some B-R axes ready .But as Red say I promise him some axes first .I think a have 30 forge so there some that I can grind so there can be some over for the fifth buy here to. If you have patience to wait :p for me to work the lazybones away :lmao:
Cegga

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE