cavred/embossed travel satchel

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Dreadhead

Bushcrafter through and through
A friend of mine asked me to design a satchel for him. he said he wanted an internal pouch for his camera, some oak leaves carved and some 'viking stuff' and wanted the sides of the satchel to be soft thin leather. this is what i have come up with.

cimg1522r.jpg

By wanderingpict at 2012-09-12
cimg1523m.jpg

cimg1525x.jpg

cimg1526.jpg

cimg1527t.jpg

cimg1529z.jpg

cimg1530tn.jpg

main satchel is made from 4mm veg tan with thin soft sides so it has a bit of give in it. internal pouch attached inside via poppers and is made from thin veg tan splits with a pigskin lining. everything was dyed with eco-flo antique gel. then a coat of neatsfoot oil. then a coat of carnauba wax. then lastly a coat of sno-seal which is beeswax and parrafin mainly for protection during transit. as a result its pretty waxy which you can see in the pictures as i took them before buffing. the inside was dyed with water based mahogany then rubbed smooth with gum trag. the strap etc were also waxed on the flesh side too.

carved knotwork dragon on top flap. oak leaves and norse god underneath with his name in runes. then the strap runes read: 'not all those who wander are lost' .

the strap had trigger clips so he can take out the camera pouch and add the strap to it to carry it seperately.

got to say im not a fan of making large things like this but its turned out not too bad

thanks for looking
Hamish

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE