Canvas tent

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Jun1686.jpg

Jun1682.jpg

Jun1680.jpg

no groundsheet, wooden poles, unbranded, tie up door
the canvas seems decent nick, but there are a few splits, and reinforcement patches, and the loops the pegs go though need replacing (or put bungees on)

it has a bag, but no pegs....Ill find you some pegs and a bit of blue canvas to make a peg bag with....also a few bungees

would take two `intimate` people

As for what I want, I have no idea of the value, something just as old and naff perhaps?

fishy1

Banned
Nov 29, 2007
sneck
Are the wooden poles as flimsy as they look? They look bent, maybe it's the pic?

And has it got a ridgepole? What's the weight like?

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I remember using these tents. The poles come apart so they pack small, and the collet/ sleeve joint always had a bit of play in it.
The tents were much safer around fires and stoves but unless thoroughly proofed they leaked. Rain tightened the canvas too, and they had to be adjusted or they could tear out the tether points.
Quieter and more discrete than rustley (not sure of the spelling) nylon tents.

cheers,
Toddy

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Bit of trivia for you, that episode wasn't aired until three years after it was made due to a murder on Wimbledon Common that happened just before it was to be transmitted. The episode is of course based in Wimbledon Common, hence the reference to Wombles!

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
That wasnt very funny. (Im having a very autistic day)

But they do have a tent like mine.

Does anyone want it for some interesting junk or shall I inflict it on the good Users of Ebay??

sandsnakes

Life Member
May 22, 2006
West London
Yes I know physician heal thy self! Made me laugh like a drain, best medicine ever. Thing is recall a friend have a camping trip like that!

Sandsnakes:lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE