canvas pouch Id required please

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Alan 13~7

Settler
Oct 2, 2014
Prestwick, Scotland
Help me out here guys? I'm looking for an Id on this little canvas pouch thought it at first it to be a British army S6 respirator pouch but not so sure now, cant find it on google images except Delta0one posted one on photo Bucket, on a belt with some other stuff I have no idea exactly what it is Now.

I use it for my SAT & have another just like it full of spanners & the likes can anybody please help? It's doin my nut in now.

36198795035_50b70f5e08_m.jpg

36064693491_5e6581b52e_m.jpg

36031750212_371649a96c_m.jpg

Obviously meant for webbing as all the pictures I can find of it, it's attached to webbing, but for what purpose & called what exactly & how was it supposed to be attach? & to what?

Last edited:

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
It's one half of a set of kidney pouches ~ likely British Army 58 Pattern (though other countries used/based theirs on the 58's)

Wildgoose

May 15, 2012
Middlesex
Yep, half a set of 58 pattern kidney pouches. The belt goes through the bottom loop and the yoke strap through the higher fixing. They were designed to be quick release, you pulled a side strap and the fixings on the back undone allowing it to fall.
I have a packing list somewhere, towel, socks, talc, soap all carried on the belt.

Alan 13~7

Settler
Oct 2, 2014
Prestwick, Scotland
cheers gents, so an Ammo Pouch? I had found this "Canvas Ammunition Magazine Baghdad Iraq Supplies Soldier Military" looks most like it except mine are single & show no signs of ever being joined at the hip they are however exactly the same (left & right) & don't look like they have been cut apart?

but apart from that everything else fits.

36162812686_7d82c92e62_n.jpg

expertly separated & refinished then? (self praise) I vaguely remember doing the surgery Now! it was around 30 years ago 58 pattern kidney pouches. thanks lads.....

Last edited:

Polecatsteve

Nomad
Aug 20, 2014
Scotland
I have a 58pattern webbing set. Used to use it for running with weights in it.....do not go near it for regular outdoor use. There's a reason heavy cotton isn't used anymore. When wet it stays sodden for days. Kid you not. Nothing will stay dry in it, unless you don't mind, like for pots etc.

Also when the "tabs" get wet they swell and don't close easy / open.

I still use the belt randomly in the garden for stuff. Just my 2 cents mate.

Alan 13~7

Settler
Oct 2, 2014
Prestwick, Scotland
Been using one half of a kidney pouch now for a very long time mostly as a secondary bag in my S10 so getting wet has not yet been an issue but fair doos I can see your point esp with the webbing set.

Jaeger

Dec 3, 2014
United Kingdom
Aye Up,

+ 1 to polecatsteve and madriverrob - but not an issue if like Alan 13-7 you use the '58 as an inner pouch - but hence my conversion to the Swiss rubber-ised Cordura version so that I can use them as an outer pouch/satchel. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE