Can't post pictures

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
I get stuck at the most basic stage- i.e. there are no buttons visible for me to select the picture one. In fact i have no edit buttons at all either in 'quick reply' or 'go advanced'. I'm using internet explorer. So the instructions here:

http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77526

...simply don't work for me.

You probably didn't enable the Editor Toolbar.

Click here, to go to your user controlpanel (User CP).
http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/profile.php?do=editoptions

Scroll down to the bottom, 'till you see 'Miscellaneous Options'

Under 'Message Editor Interface' tick the box saying 'Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls'. Yours probably is ticked 'Basic Editor - A simple text box'.

Click 'Save changes' at the bottom right.

Try again posting a pic.

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2009
Ashdown Forest
You probably didn't enable the Editor Toolbar.

Click here, to go to your user controlpanel (User CP).
http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/profile.php?do=editoptions

Scroll down to the bottom, 'till you see 'Miscellaneous Options'

Under 'Message Editor Interface' tick the box saying 'Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls'. Yours probably is ticked 'Basic Editor - A simple text box'.

Click 'Save changes' at the bottom right.

Try again posting a pic.

Got it- thanks!

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
Is there a way to resize images when uploading direct from the computer as a full member? They come out a bit smaller than I'm used to. Nopt much point to the 'direct upload priviledge' if the image is too small to be seen clearly at the end.

ateallthepies

Native
Aug 11, 2011
hertfordshire
If your having trouble posting pics here is a step by step guide I posted a while back...

First open a free account with Photo bucket.

Then you need to upload pics from your computer to your photo bucket album.

In photobucket there is a green tab with 'upload now' on it. Click this and a larger green banner comes on that says 'select photos and videos'.

Click this and a box opens and at the top there is a drop down bar. I use this and select pictures. All your pictures should appear in files in order of date.

Click the group of pics file you want to upload to photobucket and all the pics in that file will appear. You then select them individually for upload by double clicking on them or as a group by holding down the control key and clicking each pic. When you have a group all highlighted in light blue you then click on the open tab and they will all upload together.

You will then be directed back to photobucket while the pics upload. Once the upload is complete click the blue 'save and continue to my albums' tab.

Once in your album go to the first pic and press edit. You need to re-size your pics for forums so they are not too large.

Click the resize tab and go to the 'preset sizes' bar and use the arrows to select the size you want. 640x480 is a good size.

Click 'apply' and when done click the 'replace original' tab at the bottom of the pic.

The page will change and the re-sized pic will come up. To quickly re-size other photos, on this page at the top right of the pic is a 'previous/next' tab. Use these to select other pics then hover the cursor over the new pic and a menu bar will appear along the top of the pic.

Hover over the resize tab and a drop down bar will appear. Select the size you want and click again. A box will appear and click OK.

Once you have resized all your pics click the albums tab to return to your album.

When you want to send a pic to a forum you select the IMG code under the pic you want to send and right click and copy.

Back on your post on the forum you just right click and paste the IMG code.

Sounds daunting but very simple once done a few times.

HTH,

Steve.

Harvestman

Bushcrafter through and through
May 11, 2007
Pontypool, Wales, Uk
6628076933_3a0b9bdb32.jpg

Yaaaay!!!! it worked.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE