• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Present greetings earth habit ants
I am excited to announce I have found a substantial amount of logs which I currently intend to make torches from.
I am inexperienced at this and have never made one but I have searched the digital library for information on the subjet and I have a multitude of options to approach this project from.
Chainsaw! I wish! I will have to power out the strokes with the grey matter instead and what's wrong with a good old sweaty log sawing in my free time.

In the time I have allocated for drying I hope to purchase a 25mm auger and green collapsible bow saw for future opportunities.

Does any member have any tips or triumphs or failures they wish to make known to me before my challenge is upon me!?

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
First, I’m very pleased to be asked, as an earth habit ant. :)

Cutting down the grain is hard work on the saw teeth, and you’ll need to keep the cut open with something to ease things and stop the blade binding. If you have access to any type of electric circular saw then use that for most of the work and take out what it can’t reach with the bowsaw.

Hello N65
Thanks, I've cut two lengths half hour ago with what I have to hand, a green folding saw! It works ok and I can cut through the 6-7 inch log I recovered today. I am cutting straight but not level so I will call these Pisa Torches, failing that then they wI'll be pompeii torches chucked in my next fire! Haha
Can the thread have photos? I haven't worked out if I can attach some

Nice65

Brilliant!
Apr 16, 2009
W.Sussex
You can add pics, but you’ll need to use an image hosting site like Postimage. If you find you like it here, then membership makes posting pics much easier as you’ll get an Attach Files option to add directly.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE