Can I change my forum name?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Toadflax

Native
Mar 26, 2007
Oxfordshire
Can I change my forum name without re-registering? Is it even a good idea? If I do so, what will happen to my 'credibility' on the forum - i.e. people know me as "dgcalvert" so will that 'credibility' be lost?

Could I change it to something like "newname(was dgcalvert)" for a couple of months and then make the full switch? Or could I make the switch, but record in my signature that the name has changed.

Etc., etc., etc.

Thanks.

Geoff

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
It appears to be a bit of work for Admin, according to previous posts on the subject, but I think if you do make a change, it would be easiest to make a note in your sig line.

Dougster

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 13, 2005
The banks of the Deveron.
I did it, but Tony said it was due to exceptional circumstances - the little sh.... - pupils I teach were close on my tail. I'm not sure Tony'll allow it without real reasons. Always worth asking though.

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
Perhaps there could be a little ceremony for coming of age in some way on the forum - like becoming a "native". In the ceremony you would have the right to change your name, just the once.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE