Campfire tripods and enamel boilers

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Spencer

Feb 9, 2005
Dartmoor
I'm looking to get hold of an iron tri pod for campfire cooking. Can anyone suggest a uk supplier please. Ideally looking for the type offered by GSI outdoors but theyre the other side of the pond...

Also wanted is an enamel boiler for coffee tea etc.

Ive drawn a total blank in finding this kit...

Regards
Spencer

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
Squidders is the man to ask ,i think he got some made up a while back and was selling them on here.
Pretty substantial looking piece of kit IIRC ,looked like it would last a lifetime or two.

rapidboy

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 14, 2004
BB
Try Cabela's for the Dutch oven's.
My mate got one from them a few years ago and he thinks it's great kit.

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
I can sort out tripods... I have been meaning to get my rear in gear anyway so give me a few days and I'll let you know... PM me to remind me. You're probably looking at about £20 - £25 + postage.

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
I use one of those fencing pins as a lamp holder for my Colman. I noticed some workmen left behind when they left a site near my house. I spotted it every morning for a month then pounced! Hey, I’m a crook what can you do! I was purely concerned for the well being of motorcyclists, children and small animals who might have impaled themselves upon it. It works really well though.

I’m sure you could acquire three more honestly, and then perhaps weld a short chain between them to link them together.

jem seeley

Tenderfoot
Sep 7, 2004
framlingham suffolk
Try your nearest farm supplies shop. After hoping to stumble upon a fence pin I eventually parted with £3 for one from my local shop. As long as you can bang it in the ground I think it has some advantages over a tripod - its cheap/ free, there's only one so its less bulky and you can get to your pot from any angle. I've got one set up in the wood where I'm working and its perfectly capable of supporting a gallon kettle. I have a short length of chain and a couple of butchers hooks so I can vary the cooking height. It does the job- respect to makers of tripods though !!

leon-1

Yggdrasil said:
The tripod woody was showing us at the spring meet looked brilliant and it was really light. Has he said when these things will be on sale? :confused:
rob

Rob, most of the kit Woody had on show was under developement, but I would think there will be more news on it when he has set up completely :)

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
tk max has enameled coffee pots that look the very same for £7 and £9 pounds pondering to get one myself

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
spencer i got one of the enamel boilers today from TK MAXX i,m very pleased with it .i think it will be exactly what you are after.it cost £7 can,t crumble at the price.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE