Camouflage

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
In fairness, most of these were taken from a long way away and of people hiding in bushes. They could have been wearing hi-viz jackets & you wouldn't have seen them. There are much more impressive sniper photos out there and if I can find them (!) I'll post a link

nitrambur

Settler
Jan 14, 2010
Nottingham
I would have preferred a proper reveal rather than the red ring, it doesn't prove anything, you could mark any part of those pictures and say he was there. It reminds me of the Monty Python sniper clip

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
Interesting stuff, thanks for posting.

In my youth, while an army cadet, I once had two regular army soldiers creep past me at a distance of less than a meter and wasn't spotted. I put that down to a Royal Green Jacket sergeant who spent two days with us giving us an intensive 'how not to be seen' course. We all made gillie suits out of scrim and sacking.

I miss being a kid. :)

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
It is a hell of a skill regardless of those who moan about long ranges photos who could not do better them selves

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
I like this one:

http://i.imgur.com/5ZIJi9o.jpg
5ZIJi9o.jpg

carabao

Forager
Oct 16, 2011
hove
Interesting stuff, thanks for posting.

In my youth, while an army cadet, I once had two regular army soldiers creep past me at a distance of less than a meter and wasn't spotted. I put that down to a Royal Green Jacket sergeant who spent two days with us giving us an intensive 'how not to be seen' course. We all made gillie suits out of scrim and sacking.

I miss being a kid. :)

Sandbender, you had instruction from the finest infantry Regiments in the world. I was a rifleman for 8 years, done my sniper training in battalion and Warminster. Green Jackets invented camouflage in the British army

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK
interesting article, thankyou. I managed to identify five of the eight, i identified numbers 1/3/4/7/8, i thought number 5 was the hardest (the one in rocky gravel) and even when i saw answer i still could not spot it, the top photo clearly showing sniper was interesting for the fact his unmasked face easliy drew my attention to him, the easiest i thought was number 7. i identified the five not by spotting sniper but by what gave him away such as background cover and shade and most likely place he would be. Good stuff thanks wayland.

widu13

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
interseting in those photos how the those uncovered parts really stood out (gun parts and 'black' thing and finger), i reckon i spotted two snipers in your top link.

That's right bud. That is an example of a sniper team who have kitted out for a multi environment mission and have just taken up a firing position. With long term static positions they would have made use of scrapes and foliage to totally disappear. Very effective though even close up isn't it.

Joonsy

Native
Jul 24, 2008
UK
That's right bud. That is an example of a sniper team who have kitted out for a multi environment mission and have just taken up a firing position. With long term static positions they would have made use of scrapes and foliage to totally disappear. Very effective though even close up isn't it.

yes excellent very effective indeed, keeping perfectly still people would walk straight past them even up close, perhaps discovery through scent to dogs/animals is a bigger concern to someone skilled at remaining unseen but no doubt there is some training to combat that too.

widu13

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
yes excellent very effective indeed, keeping perfectly still people would walk straight past them even up close, perhaps discovery through scent to dogs/animals is a bigger concern to someone skilled at remaining unseen but no doubt there is some training to combat that too.

Kind of, it involves a toilet routine that involves plastic bags and trying to stitch your mate up :lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE