camera on a budget

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Adrian

Forager
Aug 5, 2005
South East London
A camera is a fairly personal bit of kit -what suits my hand may not suit yours. Its always worth while having a look at camera shops (if there are any in your vicinity) to see what they have in the second-hand line. A lot of people trade in for the latest model, and second-hand digitals don't go for that much. Another option is to keep your eyes open in your local press for a local camera fair. You can often pick up a good bargain there. Finally, there are the personal ads in the back of Amateur Photographer, as well as the ads for second-hand stuff from dealers. If you stick to the main manufacturers (Canon, Nikon, Pentax) you won't go far wrong. That's not to say that the others(Samsung etc) aren't good, its just that it's easier to find stuff for the main producers, and easier to find info and help if you need it.

milius2

Maker
Jun 8, 2009
Lithuania
Ok, I'm going for a Canon EOS 500D, you might want to haev a look at 550D model as it's a bit newer... I'm also looking for my first SLR camera. I went to forums and looked over the discusions about the buget cameras. Then went down the list I can afford. My budget is 400. So it's a bit more, but I live farrrrr of the "great deals" so it's about the same. I came down to 5 cameras of Sony, Canon, Nikon, Pentax. Then I went down the peolpe I know who had some experiance and I was left with two reliable cameras on offer: Canon EOS 500D and Nikon D3100. Both great ones, but I was told the Canon has a good "case" and can upgrade it cheaper, so I'm going for that.

Make it short, my choise for buget cameras: Canon EOS 500D and Nikon D3100

milius

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE