Calling all Scouters

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Womble

Native
Sep 22, 2003
Aldershot, Hampshire, UK
Scouty folks:

I had a chat with Tony at the Outdoors show about the possibility of setting up a section on here for us (and anyone else who wants to contribute) to talk bushcraft, scouting and simelar youth (and leader!) related subjects.

Would you be interested in such an area?

jamesdevine

Settler
Dec 22, 2003
Skerries, Co. Dublin
Absolutly,

All do not in the UK It would be good to have something for scouts here for a lot of people it is there first intorduction not only to Bushcraft but also to any other outdoor activity there should be some where here to help incourage people and in particularly the young'ins to get out there.

Plus it's always handy when comes to organising summer camp to have a few friendly people to ask for advise.

Great Idea Womble.

James

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
Good idea Womble. I'm running D of E for an Air Training Corps squadron and some advice on places to go for training would be helpful. I'm hoping to take them on a Bushcraft/Survival weekend during the summer holidays and some ideas of woods we can go to would be good
Lets roll it :eek:):

jamesdevine

Settler
Dec 22, 2003
Skerries, Co. Dublin
I known of a few as well that would welcome a scouting or youth group section and as long as it is still related to bushcraft and aimed at helping people to organise activates based on bushcraft skills etc. It would be great.

And with up coming events in 05 and 07 in your neck of the woods it might be a good starting point for meet ups and joint events.

Regards,
James

shibbyjay

Tenderfoot
Apr 1, 2004
Coventry
yes i'd be very interested also,

i will be working as a camping/hiking instructor for groups of american children this summer over in the US, and think a dedicated youth leadership forum would be a very useful resource, especially if it can assist in organising activities based on bushcraft skills as james suggested

cheers

jamie

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE