Call that a spoon?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Justin Time

Native
Aug 19, 2003
South Wales
This is a spoon!

Giant love spoon world record bid

A 44ft (13.41m) love spoon being carved outside Cardiff Castle is due to be completed in the next few days.

Ed Harrison from Pontsian, Ceredigion, is attempting to break the world record for the largest wooden spoon which currently stands at 25ft 9in (7.86m).

Using a chainsaw, Mr Harrison is carving the spoon out of a felled Red Cedar tree from the Caerphilly area.

It has taken him over a week to finish the spoon which features a heart, cage, dragon and links, all symbolising love.

More info here

SOAR

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 21, 2007
cheshire
You can't beat a chainsaw for carving, thats imperssive, one serious spoon.

DoctorSpoon

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 24, 2007
Peak District
www.robin-wood.co.uk
Last paragraph holds a challenge for Doctor Spoon

What do you lot think ?

I go with William Morris and most admire what is beautiful AND useful. A large-scale spoon sculpture might be both if it is well done like the Swedish one Robin posted a link to. The function of this is to provoke thought about the object by presenting it in an unusual scale, and it works because it is still an object of beauty. I suspect neither the large-scale or the small scale Welsh ones will be objects of beauty, few of the modern ones are, so they will also fail in their function to provoke any thought about the original object other than (with the large one) 'that must have taken a lot of sandpaper' ...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE