BushMoot 2012

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
BushMoot dedicated pages can be found here BushMoot Information and Tickets

Right then, here's the details that you're going to be needing.

Here's the link for purchasing tickets for the moot :D Get your Moot tickets here :D

For your diaries:

Monday 30th July - 2pm (ish) open the site to Full members only

Tuesday 31st July - 2pm (ish) open the site to members

up to and including the 3rd Aug = camping days on site (No activities planned or run by us, it will be a camp site for people to use)

4th - 6th Aug - Sat, Sun, Mon = Workshop days (The same format we always have at the Moot)

7th Aug - trader day + Hangi and bring a meal (7pm) (Response to the Dutch Oven bring a meal was brilliant so we're expanding it to a bigger much and mingle type event :D)

8th - 10th camping days on site (No activities planned or run by us, it will be a camp site for people to use)

Sat 11th All leave for home by 1pm

Of course it will not be compulsory for people to be there for the whole event but there's been a lot of interest in being on the site longer. It will give you the opportunity to get out and explore the local area or just relax in the beautiful site that we use.

Come and join us at the Summer 2012 BushMoot (extended)

Following on from the success of last years Moot and the demand for an even longer event we have increased to 11 days (13 for Full members) We'll still have the workshops, traders day and communal meal but on top of that we've added loads of extra days for camping, relaxing and taking advantage of the great private site we use in South Wales.

The Bushcraft UK Bushmoot for bushcraft uk members was conceived to provide an organised individual and family event where people with an interest in bushcraft could gather with like minded individuals and expand their knowledge through mutual skill sharing. The event is based on a coastal estate Nr Bridgend, South Wales.

It doesn’t matter whether you are new to the world of bushcraft or an old hand, everyone is welcome and all we ask is that you come and enjoy yourself. Everyone is free to share what they know and we promise you will leave with new found knowledge and new friends.

More information (FAQ) can be found here and payment options can be found right here

Bushcraft UK BUSHMOOT - SUMMER 2012

The dates are Monday the 30th July to Saturday the 11th of August in South Wales. Please remember that this is not a bank holiday weekend. (Non FM's dates are 31st July - 10th August)

Anyone is more than welcome to come for a day or for the whole period.

These meets are for everyone, no matter how involved you are in bushcraft, bring the family!

Example workshops (4th-6th Aug) at the event:

Flintknapping
net making
snares
shelter building
knots
cordage
fire by friction with bowdrill and handrill
tool sharpening
plant walks
tracking
woodcraft skills
leather working
carving
wilderness cooking
basket making
Atlatl
Tarpology
Bow making
Knife making
Spoon Carving
and lots lots more...

There will be a mixture of scheduled workshops and informal workshops that tend to happen spontaneously.

This year we are again limiting numbers to the Moot so that everyone has a fantastic experience, so book early to avoid disappointment. If you have any questions feel free to email us at here BushMoot questions/info

Here's some feedback from people that have attended:

Thank you for all your hard work & organisation to make it a great Moot. It was my first time there & I had such a great time. I did not stop leaning stuff from when I got out of the car on the Thursday to when I finished the flint knapping course on the Wednesday, got in the packed car & drove home. It was nice to meet so many members and to put names to faces, which is what it is all about at the end of the day. The courses were great and I like the 1/2 day approach, with the odd full day, which is a nice change from the 1 hour course at the Wilderness Gathering. Thanks to everyone involved in putting the Moot on and hope to see you all next year.

It was a great moot, many thanks to Tony and the mods and all who gave workshops. So much to learn.... maybe it should be longer!?

that I couldn't do every single workshop or demo!

Everyone made me feel really welcome - especially Mad Dave, Cap'n Badger, Troy, John & Sargey for impromptu workshops & hacking down stuff.

Tony - the event was really well organised - loads to do and see and with so many different choices, it's assured that I'll be coming back next year to finish off what I started

Everyone on the team worked so hard keeping everyone happy - whilst the water wasn't always hot, I never found a loo without a toilet roll and there was always someone about for a chat or to point us in the right direction.

Ah so many faces to the names in the forums - feel free to keep in touch!

I'm also uploading the pictures to flickr as I type.

Shame I didn't get a picture of the life raft in the mammock but I shall definitely be booking the full week off next year and take it all at a bit more of a relaxed pace

You can view the photos here

oh and

THANK YOU everyone. It probably hasn't been said enough, though I'm a bit bitter I didn't win the Axe = )

Last edited:

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
It's a cheaper holiday for us next year so I'm hoping to finally break my Moot cherry, a week in Wales and then a week in Scotland should do nicely.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
You had to ask?!
I just tell mine "I AM GOING!" :)

She says "GOOD:p!"

Well... for the sake of peace and quiet tis better to let her think she's doing me a favour and being magnanimous in letting me go :rolleyes:

Mind you she couldn't really say no as I'd already said she could go to Maderia with her line prancing cronies for a week :lmao:

ScotsSurvival

Oct 12, 2010
Scotland
Ohhh cool I had a bad case of bushmoot blues and was so wanting to be back already. They say you should never wish your life away so my wish is for bushmoot to happen 10 or 20 times a year but seeing as thats not going to happen.

I will happily look forward to nexts years and you can count me and V-ness in for the whole lot.

I promise not to wear my tight speedos for the Bushmoot Olympics.:p

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE