bushmoot 2008

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Apr 10, 2008
Stafford
I intend to take my daughter who will be nearly 4 when the event takes place. She loves the outdoors and is looking forward to camping out for the first time. And I may even find the time to take her to the beach for play in the sand and a paddle in the sea :)

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
well, I'm going to be there this year. My first time! :)

Unfortunately because of the no dog policy I won't have my fabulous furry assistant :( (which is going to be tricky organising a dog sitter, so i may not make it for the full time)

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Thanks for that Toddy, Im sure my cousin will be pleased to hear that. She had the baby today at 4.10 today, so Ill tell her when she is a bit more recovered!

stuartmac5

Oct 14, 2006
southampton, uk
I can't believe you are not coming this year spencer, I was gonna bring another litre and a half bottle of Jack Daniels to get you singing (snoring in the rain) again!:lmao:

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
due you reckon that i willl need a mosquito net to go with my hammock and tarp and also would you advise that i bring a kelly kettle or a proper gas stove due to the fact that i am thinking about buying one pr the other.

personally i like the kelly kettle and think the kettle is a more equo friendly way to do your cooking.

Cobweb

Native
Aug 30, 2007
South Shropshire
I reckon that a mozzie net is a good idea. The smoke from the fires will most likely keep the bugs away but once people are asleep and the fires have died down, the bugs will come out to play. Better be on the safe side :)

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
There's a few questions about the Moot on here so here's the link about it:
Summer BushMoot 2008 information :D

There's some comments from people at the end of this article: BushMoot 2008

Most questions have been answered in the articles.

The event is fine for everyone, babies upward, it's more a case of you being comfortable camping out with a baby.

generally there's not a lot of bugs on the site, I'm not sure that i've ever had a Mozzy bit and I think that i'm the only one that's ever had a horse fly bite and this will be the 7th time i've camped on the site.

the site itself is plenty big enough for camping, there's space enough to pitch up with friends or find yourself a nice quite area away from everyone else.

I'll get some more info up on what's going on but so far we've got a good list of people giving up their time some of the activities are:

Foraging
Cooking
Fire skills
Axe work
Chainsaw Demo
Forging Demo
Sharpening
Bush medicine - naturopath
Bush Medicine - just for women
Tracking
Blanket Bushshirts
Flintknapping
Sustainable Wild Food talk Q&A's
Story telling
Snares and Traps
Knife use
Kids workshops (one or two a day)
Mors Kochanski - Doing his thing
Native Indian skills and beliefs
bead making
hangi/group meal
and much more

It will be god to see people there. remember that we're limiting places this year so that it stays a great event;)

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
I can't believe you are not coming this year spencer, I was gonna bring another litre and a half bottle of Jack Daniels to get you singing (snoring in the rain) again!:lmao:

Yeah, i've got to give this one a miss this year i'm afraid, mind you, my kidneys and liver remember last year and your catering pack of JD and they are thanking the lord that i can't! :yikes:

Jedadiah

Native
Jan 29, 2007
Northern Doghouse
well, I'm going to be there this year. My first time! :)

Unfortunately because of the no dog policy I won't have my fabulous furry assistant :( (which is going to be tricky organising a dog sitter, so i may not make it for the full time)

Right this is getting daft, now i'm gonna miss Dave Budd as well! Seriously, It's a pity that your 'furry assistant' (Is it a dog or a metaphor?) cannot make it Dave as those dunes will tire him/her out in no time. Cannot think of an alternative either mate. I know i like taking my two out when bushcrafting, it would'nt be the same without them.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I'm reliably informed that the site is big enough that there will be more than enough space for all....and I know that there will be a few babies there: Tony's youngest will only be months old.

cheers,
Toddy

My first grandson, Jacob will be coming down for a day, he'll be five months old then; he went on rusks at nine weeks, so by then I expect the lad will be chewing pemmican :eek:

This was at six weeks, but he'll grow into the hat

Proud grand dad piccie :)

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
Right this is getting daft, now i'm gonna miss Dave Budd as well! Seriously, It's a pity that your 'furry assistant' (Is it a dog or a metaphor?) cannot make it Dave as those dunes will tire him/her out in no time. Cannot think of an alternative either mate. I know i like taking my two out when bushcrafting, it would'nt be the same without them.

Not a metaphor, he really is a dog :D He's even the right type of dog to fit in with the whole Iron Age forge setup when I'm in full kit! He would've loved to come and would mostly sit there and look pretty (I just have to take him somewhere for a run a few times a day), he loves the attention. But, rules is rules :(

saxenposenet.jpg

My faithful hound will be with me at other shows, so maybe you'll catch us eleswhere Jed ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE