Bushcrafting on a shoestring

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Reverend Graham

Life Member
Jul 2, 2012
Grimsby
I don't know if anyone has done a thread like this, but I've been meaning to do something like this for a good while.

I'm retired now and have no out going other than food and utility bills, not well off, but comfortable.

I've bought quite a few bits and pieces from China, tarps, hammocks, knives, cooking gear and the like quite cheap, postage can take up to 3 weeks, but at these prices, I'm not in a hurry. I'm proposing to review the said items on my trips out, starting with Northwood this Bank Holiday weekend, I'll lets the guys there know what I'm doing and if they want to help or try some of the gear, all the better.

The reviews will probably be good, fair or carp, I'll put a link to each item what ever the out come so you can have a look and buy or avoid.

Hope this may be of some help to those with not many pennies.

Rev G

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
Good stuff. Since one of the primary teachings of "bushcraft" is to know more and carry less theres no reason for loads of us having turned into gear queers (myself included) so a few select items either second hand, mil surp, or direct from china would serve someone on a budget very well

My best bushcraft type buy from china has to be ganzo knives. I'm a knife man and i was astonished by the quality for the money
silverback on here put me onto them. They arent just good for sub £20 they are good for almost any price compared to say the common u.s brands
the G710 is my favorite

http://m.aliexpress.com/item/32262256827.html

He told me that if they werent the best sub £20 knife i'v ever had he'd refund me the money himself........i'd happily make the same offer

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE