Bushcrafting near tarbert

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Dec 14, 2009
glasgow
First of id like to say high to the bushcraft community as this is my first post!
well down to business, i was just wondering if any of you guys have camped near Tarbert one of my mates has invited me and a couple of friends to his parents cottage for a week and was wondering if there would be a chance for some bushcratiness. thanks in advance!

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Hello and welcome to the forum :D

this is really a first post so I'm going to move it to Introductions. I reckon the word Tarbet will catch folks eye though so you should get replies :D

cheers,
Toddy

Sanji

Forager
Oct 20, 2006
Oban, Scotland
Hello and welcome to BCUK :D

I live about and hr and half away from Tarbet, been past it many times heading to Glasgow. I`m sure there is plenty of places/chances to try Bushcraftiness, seems to be lots of natural woodland area/dense forests, you have Loch Lomond next door too :D (Probably need a permit to fish there, im not 100% sure about that though).

Dec 14, 2009
glasgow
Many thanks for the warm greetings! I would like to elaborate on my question, im not going to tarbet its tarbert whitch is further west and a little nearer Glasgow iv never been there before and thanks again.:)

Sanji

Forager
Oct 20, 2006
Oban, Scotland
Stupid me, how the hell did i miss the other "r" lol what i get for fast reading lol Well tarbert is 35miles south of Oban where i live. I`m sure there is a few lochs nearby and plenty forest area too, pluss with being near Dunadd (Stronghold of Dalriada -kingdom of the Scots) has plenty history sites too if into that also.

Dec 14, 2009
glasgow
thanks very much Sanji :You_Rock_ should be able to find a place to get out and practice come skilz. any-hoo i know this may be a silly question but how do u upload pictures to puit them on a post do they need to be hosted on something like flicker?

Sanji

Forager
Oct 20, 2006
Oban, Scotland
1. Save your pics to your PC
2. Open a (free) Photobucket account, log in and create an album.
3. Choose "Upload Files"
4. Browse to the location on your PC and then upload them.
5. Once they've finished uploading you'll be taken to your album.
6. To add any of your pics to a thread just right click on the "IMG Code" under the thumbnail image, select copy.
7. Go to your BCUK post and click paste, job done.

Choose a sensible size to upload to a forum ("more options" under the "Upload" button), I use 1024 x 768 which seems to suit most machines including laptops. Once you pick this setting it stays like that until you change it. You can only reduce the size of your pics in Photobucket, you can't increase them any larger than that which they were uploaded at.
Hope that helps :)

Copied from Shewie`s post on Adder Thread.

Klenchblaize

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 25, 2005
Greensand Ridge
Great place!

DSC01500.jpg

Sanji

Forager
Oct 20, 2006
Oban, Scotland
Looks like my google map was well off! with Tarbert (It said was north of Lochgilphead when its way south past Ardrishaig lol, you was much much further south, been there once for a night when sailed from Greenock. I think this is where your pic was taken heehee :D

tarbert.png

Last edited:

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Lovely area.

FP_APR_40.jpg

If you go up the hill to the castle ruin the start of the Kintyre way will take you up into the woods. It's easier on foot to go that way then drop down to places than it is to skirt round the coast.
Some more pics here.
Kill a rhodie or five while you're there. ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE