Bushcrafting in Hampshire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Arvensis

Tenderfoot
Feb 20, 2006
Eastleigh
Hi all,
How many out there are from Hampshire and have managed to find a wood where they can do some bushcraft? I live in Eastleigh and looking for somewhere I can do some bushcraft, any suggestions are welcome.

Cheers, Mark

widu13

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
ditto, southampton area. currently i have to goto brighton for anything 'crafty, somewhere more local would be great.

I live close to Brighton. Where do you go for this- Devils Dyke? If you're going to the Dyke you may as well go to Ashdown Forest, but it is "stealth" bushcrafting there!

I currently use scout greenfield sites, they rock. Not sure if they would like random people turning up and using the ground. There is three around the gosport area, i can ask if they would be happy to have an "organised" day/night event.... Saying that, there would proberly be a small fee, and wouldnt be allowed to cut much/any green wood... But their is plenty of wood around to burn..

One site has litterally tons of cut oak, we rekon we burnt around £500 worth of oak this weekend... crazy really!

yogi

Jul 9, 2008
chichester
Hi all originally from just outside Brighton still work in Hove and living in Chichester now so just down the road count me in.

conall

Tenderfoot
Aug 25, 2009
southampton
Live in Southampton & find it nearly impossible to go anywhere without some busy body sticking their nose in :-/ PM if anything is sorted for a meet in Hampshire :)

no, not Lyons copse!

Its green field, no loos or running water... lots of trees for hammocks/ tarps, and plenty of wood to burn.....

And its quiet! We would be the sole occupiers!

No touching the living wood im afraid, we would get in much trouble...

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
Did any more come of this, as I am looking fopr somewhere on the South Coast. I have found a couple of places near brighton that are campsites on farms that allow fires & use of the woods.

tobes01

May 4, 2009
Hampshire
Same here, although I have my little bit of heaven to play in (sorry, not allowed guests - technically it's someone's garden, even if there's 10 acres of it). The big problem round Basingstoke neck of the woods is deer stalking - why let bushcrafters in for free when the stalkers will pay good money all year round to use the land? Sadly the two aren't compatible (except on a Saturday night, since they can't shoot on Sunday morning).

Tobes

Im just waiting to get permission, there is some concern that once this area becomes known to bushcrafters, then it will be used without permission. Although this is a concern, i am still pressing for it to happen.

Its looking as though this will have to be put back to January time though, although a possible event in December.

If you are generally interested in coming to an event in December/January i think it might be best for people to pm me their email address, and i will take it from there.

Sorry for doing this, but im trying to protect the location from random lurkers.

Im not promising anything though, but im working on it.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE