Bushcraft Tattoo

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mesquite

It is what it is.
Mar 5, 2008
~Hemel Hempstead~
Those are really good looking tattoos Carl.

I remember Lindsey posting your wolf tattoo on facebook but I do like the bear one as well.

Sorry for a late thread joining, but i think tribal is great, as long as you know it's meaning.

The reason I got mine, is i love Egypt. It symbolises the eye of Ra and the sacred scarab, meaning life coming forth.

190087_4871179011_752079011_120439_6980_n.jpg

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
Also need to point out that tattoos aren't quite as permanent as they have been alluded to; they can be removed if you become dissatisfied or regretful later.

But not on the NHS (with very rare exceptions).

About 1 in 5 people who have a tattoo later regret it. You could argue that this is a low number, considering that 50% of marriages end in divorce...

Removal involves more time, money and pain than the original procedure, especially money: removal can run into the thousands of pounds. It is often not totally successful, and can result in skin pigment changes.

The current vogue for tattooing was satirized in a Private Eye cartoon showing people gawping at the astonishing circus attraction: The Amazing Untattooed Man...

Last edited:

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
But not on the NHS (with very rare exceptions)...

Removal involves more time, money and pain than the original procedure, especially money: removal can run into the thousands of pounds. It is often not totally successful, and can result in skin pigment changes.

The current vogue for tattooing was satirized in a Private Eye cartoon showing people gawping at the astonishing circus attraction: The Amazing Untattooed Man...

Sorry, I didn't know NHS didn't cover it. I'm too used to taking military healthcare for granted. But from what I've seen there, removal (especially LASER removal) isn't all that painful and is very successful; might just be the small # I've seen were lucky though.

Last edited:

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
...About 1 in 5 people who have a tattoo later regret it. You could argue that this is a low number, considering that 50% of marriages end in divorce....

BUT!! 100% of divorces started with marriage! Seriously though, IIRC the usual reason for regretting a tattoo is because of changing (failing) relationships (same as divorce) which makes the name tattooed on no longer appropriate. Not cool to date "Jill" when she can still read "Sally" tattooed in a heart on your arm.

Last edited:
BUT!! 100% of divorces started with marriage! Seriously though, IIRC the usual reason for regretting a tattoo is because of changing (failing) relationships (same as divorce) which makes the name tattooed on no longer appropriate. Not cool to date "Jill" when she can still read "Sally" tattooed in a heart on your arm.

At least it is not a list like
Sally
Jill
Sue
George :lmao:

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
Sorry, I didn't know NHS didn't cover it. I'm too used to taking military healthcare for granted. But from what I've seen there, removal (especially LASER removal) isn't all that painful and is very successful; might just be the small # I've seen were lucky though.

I've been quite impressed with laser removal results too (compared to older techniques). Light coloured inks are harder to remove than blacks and dark colours, which seems counter intuitive. I suppose the lighter pigments don't absorb the laser energy so well.

lonefish

Tenderfoot
Jun 16, 2011
Otley, nr Leeds, Yorkshire
I've been thinking about a new tat with a bushcraft theme, maybe a design that might help me remember the key points from a particular skill / learning. I was thinking natural navigation, the design would help me to remember he nuances of the sun / moon phases, constillations etc.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE