Bushcraft Tattoo

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

11binf

Forager
Aug 16, 2005
Phx. Arizona U.S.A
hi steve48...save your hard earned cash for Kit and Food, fuel...you'll get more use out of them than just the cool factor of a tat...vince g. 11B Inf..

Bushwhacker

Banned
Jun 26, 2008
Dorset
Not as bad as septicaemia or HIV from bad tattoo artists though is it.
Or dyslexia. There was a dyslexic tattooist near us and I remember one chap coming into the pub proudly displaying his new Queen tattoo with a picture of Fred Mercury and the words "Its a kind of majic" emblazoned underneath.

cowboy

Banned
May 3, 2010
The shire
No dyslexia jokes please Bushwhacker...

MandaPanda, love your tattoo, looks great on you! .. also keen on Mesquite and highbinders too! Nice ink guys!

filcon

"Neo-eisimeileachd ALBA"
Dec 1, 2005
Strathclyde
Hi Steve, I tried to talk both my kids out of getting them. So for my 50th guess what they got me for my pressie, yup a tat. The biggest problem is not getting a tattoo, but getting the tattoo bug. I have now got eight and getting another 2 in a fortnight.
I get mine on my lower legs as I wear shorts a lot and have given up crossdressing at the weekend. Look up google images of tats on upper arms and see what suits. I have had celtic and heraldry done and fancy a bit Indian tribal. Look at 3-4 copy them, a good tattooist will position them best on the muscle, also plan ahead in event you want more. I would prefer to get a NZ Maorri tat than tribal.

ps TATS A MIDLIFE CRISIS !, I,D RECOMMEND IT.

JAG009

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 20, 2010
Under your floor
Have a real good think about what you are going to get ,and for goodness sake dont get one when you are drunk ,or this can happen :yikes:
tattoo002.jpg

What is even better about this one,is a certain other member on this site was with me and thought it would be funny to get the same tattoo .:lmao::lmao:

Jason

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
It wasn't a joke it's a true story. Funny though.

No true stories please Boshwaker................

before any one gets offended it is okay for me to take the mick out of dyslexics as I am one, got a cert and everything, just like those with hair like an African sunset are allowed to rip each other!

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
if you want nature/animals in its representational indirect way look up "HAIDA ART"

or

"North West native American art"

theres a whole meaningful and spiritual side to wearing art on your body in its permanant form,..,..

and until you commit to it, it cannot be described to you accuratley ,....

if its done properly, and not just the application but the whole thing from choosing a form and the best artist you can who understands what you want,..

i have Japanese, Haida, celtic amongst others,..

i,m 39, knew what i was doing, dont regret it, etc etc etc YAWN,,,,

the old "whats it gonna look like in 20 years" routine is a non argument in my book as the whole generation of tattoed people will age at the same time..

so likley hood of going to the swimming baths with the grandkids and being the only tattooed pensioner there are unlikey,.....(if it makes a difference anyway!?)

if you have never been inked i,m afraid you dont qualify to comment,..

have your opinion yes, youre entiltled to that,...

but why even double click a thread on a subject you feel so negativley about knowing the only comments you could possibly make would be negative ones,..?

i dont like rap music, and i feel agressivley negative about it,.. if someone started a thread about it i would simply not open it, never mind contribute,...why would i ?

kodiakjoe

Apr 11, 2011
Leeds
Hi Steve,

Pretty much echo what everyone else has said, but will add that a tattoo is one of the things that you don't want to go the value route on. A good studio with enthusiastic artists who are happy to talk about your design ideas and use quality inks is what you want. I'm very happy with the work i've had done at Ultimate Skin in Leeds. But i'm sure there are some great studios in the Manchester postcodes. Go for it mate, i've never regretted mine :)

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
Hi Steve,

Pretty much echo what everyone else has said, but will add that a tattoo is one of the things that you don't want to go the value route on. A good studio with enthusiastic artists who are happy to talk about your design ideas and use quality inks is what you want. I'm very happy with the work i've had done at Ultimate Skin in Leeds. But i'm sure there are some great studios in the Manchester postcodes. Go for it mate, i've never regretted mine :)

did you manage to get a sitting with Butch??

he did me an 8 hour outline and went to spain for 3 months,..hahaha

i,m all finished now tho...(well..with that particular piece)

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
No true stories please Boshwaker................

before any one gets offended it is okay for me to take the mick out of dyslexics as I am one, got a cert and everything, just like those with hair like an African sunset are allowed to rip each other!

It's time dyslexics got organized. I think a good slogan should help: DYSLEXICS UNTIE!!!

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Or dyslexia. There was a dyslexic tattooist near us and I remember one chap coming into the pub proudly displaying his new Queen tattoo with a picture of Fred Mercury and the words "Its a kind of majic" emblazoned underneath.

My son is Dyslexic and one thing I'm really positive about is that he would make sure what was written was right; its in the nature of Dyslexics to do that, they lean toward being a little pedantic.

Why for any reason someone in the UK would want a tribal tattoo (or any for that matter) on their body is beyond me. Cool? great on the beach on an 18-30 holiday now but a right state you will look in thirty years time. Thirty years is not important you may say, trust me on this one,,,,,time gets faster as you get older. My 1979 marriage three piece suit which was all the fashion then has long gone, a tattoo would still be there.

Today's fashion will be long gone when your children look at your photo's.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE