Bushcraft Skills and BBQ

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Scots_Charles_River

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
We were out of school today. Went to the local Woods. Four hours planning for 4hrs of Outdoor learning, paperwork.

We had a short walk identifying - hardwoods/softwoods, bark, brich for tinder. Horses hoof. Then some shelter building. All were engaged in learning, many have never been out of the town even though they are 12yrs old. Some panicked without a phone signal in the river valley. Then a BBQ to finish off. The 26degs weather helped.:eek:

You may notice I was in my normal 'surfers friday shirt', no cammo !

Me, briefing the group.
IMAG0988.jpg

IMAG0976.jpg

I 'waterproofed up' and they tested the waterproofness of the shelters with buckets of water while I was in !

IMAG1006.jpg

IMAG1020.jpg

Shelters were from the surroundings only and no tools.

IMAG1029.jpg

bushcraftbob

Settler
Jun 1, 2007
Oxfordshire
Cool i remember doing something like this when i was in scouts, but i remember it was us scouts that had to stand under the shelter we had made, while the instructors poured the water on top!!!That was a boiling hot day aswell if memorey serves me.

HHazeldean

Native
Feb 17, 2011
Sussex
Looks like a great time and that would have been a great experience for the kids if some hadn't come out of the town before!

Thanks for sharing! :)

towim

Dec 5, 2007
West Wales
I thank you for doing this for kids nowa days, im lucky that I can teach my kids all this myself. my son is always telling me how none of his friends get to go into the woods and build bases as he says. I hope to know that my eldest knows many tricks that will help him in the future. And for kids to have that kind of knowledge if their parents cant provide it is brilliant to see being taught by people like yourself. Big Respect.

Scots_Charles_River

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
And I'm out hillwalking tomorrow with 3rd years. Just back in from WW open boating today, did the Tay from the Loch down to Aberfeldy, with my club. I was the only open boater and then there were 14 kayakers. Four had never done a river before.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE