Bushcraft sauna

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Hey there,

during my last Outdoor programme in the Ardennes I've succesfully made a 5 man "sauna" in the woods. And I was wondering if others had any experience with building these things.

Mine took about 6 hours labour to build, with all the neccecary materials nearby in the woods. As soon as there are some photo's I'll post them here as well. I've built it while it was raining so first action was to dry the stuf a bit, so we made a cozy fire inside. With the entrance flaps down and the fire + ventilation hole in the roof it was a very nice place to be in. The next day we clozed it up and tried to heat it up with red-hot stones and it was a steaming succes.

sauna_tekening.jpg

Apologies for the dutch comments in the drawing, it was designed for a dutch forum...

Its something that I'm looking into as a group building activity... first you build it together, then you can evaluate inside during a nice steam how it went.

I'm sure that there are others who have built such a structure and/ore are willing to share tips and insights,

Jurjen

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE