Bushcraft & S. S. mag, Bear & I

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Mang

Settler
Well I got to see Bear Grylls sworn in as Chief Scout whilst helping out Bushcraft and Survival Skills magazine for the day! I was approached by the Gilwell24 camp organiser if I would be interested in helping with some bushcraft, one thing led to another and I ended up helping both as a Scout and a subscriber.

I was a little nervous having offered but we all got on like a house on fire and they loved my Elderflower cordial!!

DSCN3546.jpg

RSCN3549.jpg

Mang

Settler
Hi Logit, sorry but I got distracted when I was chatting with you and didn't say goodbye! Well Bear seemed a little nervy initially on stage but did a great speech which I'm not afraid to admit left a tear in the eye. He swopped his uniform for the i.scout hoodie and seemd a bit harassed at times as loads of people wanted a piece of him as he walked round.

I managed a moment with him as he came past the stand he and seemed pleased with a Wild Service wood whistle I'd made as well as a four leaf clover lucky charm. He also went on the high wires doing crate stacking, as well has having a go at zorbing and before you BG knockers post yes, someone got the chance to push Bear down a steep hill...a ha-de-ha-ha!

Nightwalker

Native
Sep 18, 2006
Cornwall, UK.
www.naturalbushcraft.co.uk
Wow! Scout uniforms have changed a bit since I was in Venture Scouts over 20 years ago. 'Hood(ies) in the Woods'!
I don't wear hoodies, but actually couldn't hoodies be useful for those colder months in woodland, keeping the warmth around the neck and head, just a shame they restrict the view a little.

...He swopped his uniform for the i.scout hoodie...
'i.scout hoodie' huh? :(

Personally I've seen enough of Bear in the bushcraft & survival mag, month after month and now I've got a full page spread of him in this month, oh yay! :(

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE