Bushcraft related shopping in Stockholm?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

moduser

Life Member
May 9, 2005
Farnborough, Hampshire
Looks like I'll be in Stockholm for a week in Jan on business and was wondering if there's anywhere interesting to go have a look with the little free time I hope to get.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

David

weekend_warrior

Jun 21, 2005
North London
moduser said:
Looks like I'll be in Stockholm for a week in Jan on business and was wondering if there's anywhere interesting to go have a look with the little free time I hope to get.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

David

Naturkompaniet have a number of shops in Stockholm Naturkompaniet

and there is a guy at the Hötorget markt, who sell kurska and some sammi crafts - usually in front of the HÖTORGSHALLEN (ask for that place!) and his stall looks like he sells fluffy slippers and sheepskins... :rolleyes: :D

Nicklas Odh

Forager
Mar 3, 2006
Ed, Sweden
There are five Naturkompaniet in Stockholm and four of them are quite central so you can visit them all quite easily.
If you start your walk from Stureplan (where all the posh kids hang out at night) you walk Kungsgatan due west. Then there is one shop at Kungsgatan 4, further down the road at number 26 there is another shop.
After your visit at Hötorget even further down the street, you go back and turn north on Sveavägen, the big street just before Hötorget. On Sveavägen 62 there is a shop and further up Sveavägen there is another (its actually on Odengatan but has windows towards Sveavägen. If you walk even further North you will end up at another shop called Terrang at n:eek: 132 (www.terrang.se) formerly known as Military Shop. They have more military kind of gadgets and gizmos and sell lots to military and police.
You can start at Sergels torg as well. Walk north across the street parallell to the big steps and you end up at Hötorget. Or ask a local.

moduser

Life Member
May 9, 2005
Farnborough, Hampshire
Thanks folks some good suggestions.

Rich, I remember at the xmas moot you mentioning the guy at the market, I'll definatley try and find him as I liked your little kurska :D

Cheers

David

weekend_warrior

Jun 21, 2005
North London
Take a sedative before you go to Naturkompaniet - it ain't cheap! About £100 for a pair of Fallraven trousers... :eek: But they do have all the muurika cooking gear at reasonable prices. :D

the kuksa? yep, that's the guy it came from. :D

Good hunting!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE