Bushcraft, not Minecraft!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Muddypaws

Jan 23, 2009
Southampton
With it being the middle of the school holidays my Mum is looking after my 11 year old nephews at home this week, so I thought I would try to interest them in something other than the dreaded Minecraft on the computer (they are obsessed with it). Here is the result.

A couple of rough spoons in willow (nice and soft), with a fair bit of assistance from me as the boys' hands are tiny and they struggled to manipulate my tools. However they were perfectly capable when it came to using my shaving horse and drawknife.

Hopefully I can get them interested in the outdoors and wood crafting (well I'll be wanting to leave my knives to someone one day!)

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Excellent stuff, always great to read these posts where somebody takes a bit of time to get the young'uns interested; well done indeed :)

badoosh

Tenderfoot
Mar 22, 2015
manchester
Wish I could get my kids and grandkids interested.
Tried everything.
I would have sacrificed a finger(probably would have) to be taught how to make a spoon when I was a kid.

jmagee

Forager
Aug 20, 2014
Cumbria
My 6yo made a sword using a shaving horse and draw knife just yesterday. Thankfully he loves the outdoors and has yet to discover Minecraft

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE