Bushcraft - Makers Craft Fair

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

falling rain

Native
Oct 17, 2003
Woodbury Devon
I've been thinking about organising a Bushcrafters craft fair next Easter weekend (2013) and wanted to guage interest. It's very early I know, but I'd need to book the venue soon or it'll be unavailable if someone else books it.
It would be in Exmouth Devon at the pavillion. It's a great location, bang on the seafront and I'd expect a lot of visitors as it's the Easter weekend and lots of folks will be passing by out on day trips.
There's room for about 40 stalls in the main ballroom and as a rough estimate about £30 (possibly less £25) per pitch to cover the hire of the venue. All money you make you keep. There's only the initial pitch fee to pay. It would be open to anyone who makes stuff or wants to promote their business courses etc, but I'd ask it's related to bushcraft or has a connection, knife making, leathercraft, willow weaving, woodcrafts, woolen crafts etc etc.
This is just an initial post to see if there is any interest and no-one is under any kind of obligation whatsoever
Let me know your thoughts and any questions
cheers - FR

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
Good luck with the idea. Sounds promising I can't commit Forest Knights as the distance is a tad far and we will probably be running and event over Easter.

Still I like the idea and if I'm free nearer the time...

Expat

Forager
Feb 9, 2012
Dorset for good...!!
Yes, the best of luck with it FR...
As far as the timeline goes, if you go ahead with it, you'll be amazed how
quickly the time flies by especially with all the "ditherers"....

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
It sounds like something I would very much like to see :) Could be brilliant :cool: Just way too far from me though.

Best of luck with it, and might I suggest contacting folks within the re-enactors community too ?
Please mind the site rules on promotion/advertising, and have a word with Tony about this as well please.

Kind regards,
Toddy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE