Bushcraft Knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chiseller

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Yes mate. It is High Carbon tool steel. The same steel the woodlore knife is made from.

The grind is a scandi grind and even along the length. :)

Cheers mucka....just hoping my good lady spots this thread as I'm strapped for 3 weeks unless I can make more than beer tokens from my Holly forage lol. Good luck with Yor sale .

The Mighty Oak Is Merely A Nut Who Stood His Ground

tree beard

Feb 21, 2011
Sheffield
Ahhhh didn't know they came with 150 quids worth of tinder

Lol . . . . sorry, I didn't make myself very clear . . . . in a rush as usual . . . I meant some people have the extra cash to buy an RM knife,

There are some fantastic knife makers on here and Mark is one of them . . . Well done on this beautiful knife fella.

Hope ya get it Chiseller.

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Aye the price is steep especially for a knife thats just 01 steel and a bit of oak, pretty ridiculous really.

You're welcome Mark. My posting was in response to this thread http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83028

I suppose I'm a bit of a snob when it comes to corporations wth their endorsed/sanctioned products being charged at extortionate prices. Mr Mears, and/or his entourage is making some big bucks out of the little people. That sorta sticks in my craw. The knife may be the dog's danglies, I'm not knocking that, but do take issue with that price tag.

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Cheers mate. :)

Cheers mucka....just hoping my good lady spots this thread as I'm strapped for 3 weeks unless I can make more than beer tokens from my Holly forage lol. Good luck with Yor sale .

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire

Lol . . . . sorry, I didn't make myself very clear . . . . in a rush as usual . . . I meant some people have the extra cash to buy an RM knife,

There are some fantastic knife makers on here and Mark is one of them . . . Well done on this beautiful knife fella.

Hope ya get it Chiseller.

sumpy00

May 30, 2011
King's Lynn
HillBill, I will take this fantastic looking knife please. PM en route.
The wife now knows what she is getting me for christmas.
Rob.

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Well bagged fella....ah well I still live in hope...I think she's been getting ideas from this months magazine ....maybe a timberwolf .....in my dreams I can hear her saying LOL

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Give up LOL I was probably in dreamland. I know she has a nosey on here to see what I'm uptown lol. Enjoy it fella...my moon will come . Just 3 more insurance payments an I'm out of the seats and onto the park ;)
Long may it serve you an your kin folk. Hail Victory. .

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Give us a shout if you want anything making in the future mate :)

Well bagged fella....ah well I still live in hope...I think she's been getting ideas from this months magazine ....maybe a timberwolf .....in my dreams I can hear her saying LOL

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Very nice as usual mate, has a bit of Deval bushcraft knife look about it,was that the intention?

Thanks Mary :)

Silverback - No mate, no intention of it being like JD's knife. Believe it or not, the blade shape was taken from another knife i do, and the handle is from another of my designs. The only thing i have done different is to put the dip in the top of the handle, plus the blade is angled downwards a bit. I play about with my designs, mixing and matching and seeing how they look. This was just a result of one such experiment. I'm pretty sure that if you put this besides a Deval Bushy the differences would be quite apparent. :)

One beautiful knife, and like you say, completely different from mine.

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Cheers JD. :)

A couple of folk have said there are similarities to yours tbh, Its good to see your not one of them :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE