Bushcraft Knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
SOLD

Hi Folks.

Another knife up for sale.

This one has a 3.25 " blade With a 4.5" handle

Made from 3mm 01 tools steel
The handle material is Eucalyptus Burl with black liners with brass fittings.
The blade has been tempered to RC58/59

Sheath to be made to buyers specs.

I would like £110 for this please or £95 with no sheath.

Thanks for looking

Mark :)
P1000952.jpg

P1000953.jpg

P1000955.jpg

P1000956.jpg

P1000954.jpg

Last edited:

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Thanks Mary :)

Silverback - No mate, no intention of it being like JD's knife. Believe it or not, the blade shape was taken from another knife i do, and the handle is from another of my designs. The only thing i have done different is to put the dip in the top of the handle, plus the blade is angled downwards a bit. I play about with my designs, mixing and matching and seeing how they look. This was just a result of one such experiment. I'm pretty sure that if you put this besides a Deval Bushy the differences would be quite apparent. :)

The handle is from this style of knife that i make

P1000091.jpg

IMG_7254.jpg

IMG_7312.jpg

And the blade is from this

P1000670.jpg

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
Is this tool steel carbon and I can't make out the grind on my phone
? Cheers

The Mighty Oak Is Merely A Nut Who Stood His Ground

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Yes mate. It is High Carbon tool steel. The same steel the woodlore knife is made from.

The grind is a scandi grind and even along the length. :)

Biker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Cheers Aaron :)

Curious about this bit though? :)

You're welcome Mark. My posting was in response to this thread http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83028

I suppose I'm a bit of a snob when it comes to corporations wth their endorsed/sanctioned products being charged at extortionate prices. Mr Mears, and/or his entourage is making some big bucks out of the little people. That sorta sticks in my craw. The knife may be the dog's danglies, I'm not knocking that, but do take issue with that price tag.

Chiseller

Oct 5, 2011
West Riding
You're welcome Mark. My posting was in response to this thread http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83028

I suppose I'm a bit of a snob when it comes to corporations wth their endorsed/sanctioned products being charged at extortionate prices. Mr Mears, and/or his entourage is making some big bucks out of the little people. That sorta sticks in my craw. The knife may be the dog's danglies, I'm not knocking that, but do take issue with that price tag.

Ditto

The Mighty Oak Is Merely A Nut Who Stood His Ground

tree beard

Feb 21, 2011
Sheffield

I can totally see where your coming from bud, but the woodlore knife price is not little people money in my opinion.

I could not/would not spend £325 on a knife (at this moment . . lol)

Ray is probably the top of the tree for some folk and as such can ask (and obviously gets) top dollar for his gear.

There is undoubtedly as good stuff available cheaper but some have the extra paper to say "this one is a RM"

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE