Bushcraft Hero

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

unorthadox

Forager
Jan 14, 2011
Newcastle
so, recently activision hae announced no more guitar hero games will be released.

For some of you, you will be thinking what on earth is guitar hero

For those who know but never played you wil be thinking isnt that just a stupid game?

Hopefully, some of you will have played them like me.

If you have then you probly belong in one of these catigories
  • Guitar Hero was awesome
  • It was alright, a bit colourful though
  • IT became rubbish when they were bought out by activision
  • They sold out to the mainstream at number four
  • I've never played any before gh4
  • They were all amazing

As a teen I had little taste in music, listenign to only the top 40 in my parents car. Thanks to GH (by GH I mean GH1,GH2 and GH3). My musical tastes florished and expanded. As much as I hate the series now for bringing out a new title every 6 month with the newest mainstream artists, it is thanks to the early days that I know legends such as dire straits, boston, kansas, black sabbath, iron maiden and so on.

Now for the bushcrafty part.

Have you ever had an instrument around hte camp fire (most likely the acoustic guitar) and listened/ played some songs?
Do you have a small radio or mp3 player for the camp?

If so what are your favourites and why?

For me, my favourite 'camp fire' songs are Nothing Else Matters by Metallica and more recently So Far Away by Avenged Sevenfold

Bigfoot

Settler
Jul 10, 2010
Scotland
I find the best instrument to take on camp is a penny whistle because it's compact and light. I also have a flute sized whistle that is basically a plastic pipe and is very light and can easily be stuffed into a rucksack. You can't really do heavy metal on it, though :)

unorthadox

Forager
Jan 14, 2011
Newcastle
I find the best instrument to take on camp is a penny whistle because it's compact and light. I also have a flute sized whistle that is basically a plastic pipe and is very light and can easily be stuffed into a rucksack. You can't really do heavy metal on it, though :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7HaAMcnVtA

if these guys can do it, then any instrument can do metal :) its not all about distortion (sometimes :D)

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
You should've been at the L Etive meet last weekend we were even doing Nothing else matters on the cello.

shutz

Forager
Jan 5, 2011
cumbria
Nothing else matters on the cello that sounds really nice.... Reminds me when we were over in yorkshire and someone was paying a small harp next to the fire, the sounds wafting on the breeze was very special indeed.

For me its creep, anarchy in the uk, phsyco killer...on the ukeulele amongst a few others..depends what i can remember at the time :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE