Bushcraft dvd's

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
trailers for these dvds are on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=gawletap

Well, I've just watched the trailer clip on the tube and I have to say that, if nothing else, he makes much better char cloth than Rayvon did in Belorus or Ukraine or where ever it was!:rolleyes:

I suppose it all depends on personal taste, some people like things to be perfectly finished and presented, while others are quite happy as long as the information is put across ok.
I remember watching a Lofty Wiseman video in the 80's and being surprised at how amateurishly put together the thing was. Nothing wrong with the content and certainly nothing wrong with Lofty, just poorly produced and directed.

Anyway; I'm off!
R.B.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
If anybody is thinking of getting them, they are pretty good informative DVDs, although number 5 was a bit of a let down for me. It really looked like somebody who had been trawling BcUK and watching the odd Ron Hood videos and then gone out and made his own version afterwards. A bit of a let down I'm afraid.

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
I'd like for him to do away with the music, sometimes it gets too much. I'd rather hear the water flowing over rocks than some classical music that seems out of place somehow. I like the shots of flowers and the like but they also seem to appear in the middle of a subject other than as an interlude between subjects. I sometimes think it makes the whole thing a little disjointed.

I really didn't get number 5! It's still bugging me! I may go and watch it again, but I just felt the guy who tipped up to show his knife off was a filler for time. Kit is interesting, but things like that are so personal and choice can differ from one person to the next. I just thought it was a waste of time. I don't want to completely knock what he is doing though, as he is doing the best he can on a limited budget, just him and his wife to operate all of the recording equipment, edit the footage, etc. I thin they are doing good there, but I feel that the line he has taken in the earlier DVDs were instruction, techniques, skill sets. He should stick to them as they are much better.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE