Bushcraft Course...

Rhino

Apr 1, 2007
Gravesend, Kent
With so many companies out there, charging a range of prices for varying courses, I wondered if anyone had any recommendations for a course/company around the Kent/Sussex/Essex area. I'm a seasoned camper with basic "Bush Craft skills" but would like to take it to the next level. I've seen some company’s that does a four season’s type course that I like the idea of, but would like to do a basic Bush Craft course beforehand.

Thanks in advance for any advice!:thanks:

Ant.

Aaron

Need to contact Admin...
Dec 28, 2003
Oxford/Gloucs border
Hello mate - If you look in the 'resources' section in the upper left-hand menu then click on 'Bushcraft and survival schools' section that gives a pretty comprehensive list of the UK schools and their location. There are a lot of different schools in south-east and so a lot of choice. As regards reccomending a school it can be a bit subjective with different people having diferent opinions of different schools. I have just booked another course with a school and as a guide I looked at the more established schools, as I felt that they were more likely to be more organised and professional - saying that they are often more expensive. That is not to say there are not other schools that are more recently established who are just as good. Not much help I know - maybe search the site for similar threads and checkout their websites? Hope this helps a little.;)

Rhino

Apr 1, 2007
Gravesend, Kent
Has anyone had any dealings with Wildwood Bushcraft in West Sussex? I like the idea of there 4 seasons course as I haven't seen this before.

Ant.

chas brookes

Life Member
Jun 20, 2006
west sussex
Hi Ant

I can highly recommend Woodcraft School who are based near Midhurst Sussex.
There courses are run in semi natural ancient woodland, with lots of resources to hand.
I have done three courses with them and Johns method of tuition is superb.
I also did a flint knapping course at Wildwood Bushcraft but the course was run by John Lord who just used their site so i do not know what their courses are like.
I can also second Aarons comments that there are lots of good companies offering courses just do a search of the forums on here, and see which companies people have used I am sure you will find one that suits

http://www.woodcraft-school.co.uk/Homepage.htm

:)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE