Bushcraft club - help!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

wolf man

Forager
Sep 12, 2005
Oxford
I run a weekly bushcraft session with disaffected KS4 children in school and have never had any 'inappropriate' comments made, well not in a sexual tone.
I think you have a few 'politically correct' teachers, who are out to cause problems. The subject is called what it is, they need to wind their necks in and stop being stupid.

craig

Tenderfoot
I showed this thread to swmbo and she said that at play group there banned from singing twinkle twinkle little star if doing the actions as someone deemed them inappropriate for young children. As the star part is supposed to be a representation of a particular part of the female anatomy. Some people see things which aren't there then force the rest of us to see it as well.
See link
Craig.

Last edited:

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
I've heard kids aren't allowed to sing baa baa black sheep anymore - something to do with racism aparently - not sure how much of that is urban myth though.

Isn't political correctness brilliant??

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
I showed this thread to swmbo and she said that at play group there banned from singing twinkle twinkle little star if doing the actions as someone deemed them inappropriate for young children. As the star part is supposed to be a representation of a particular part of the female anatomy. Some people see things which aren't there then force the rest of us to see it as well.
See link
Craig.

That is a disgusting attitude by adults if true.

Someone within this thread said it was other folk seeing things where no one else has noticed it being rude/offensive/inappropriate and i have to agree with them
these folk are just looking for something to offend them then drag us down to their level
things that would never occour to me are suddenly dirty and wrong and i never even noticed them until i was told it wasnt right

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Sometimes a cock is just a bird.

and Im not singing Baa baa rainbow sheep until I see one in a field...

pango

Nomad
Feb 10, 2009
Fife
I would report the female staff for offensive and inappropriate remarks.

If a male member of staff made a genitalia based comment to a female member of staff they would be lucky to keep their job. In the age of equality, we can't have double standards can we?

Down boy! :cool:

I agree with what you're saying British Red... in the perfect world of snitches, backstabbers and fascistic Zero Tolerant and vindictive mind-sets. The problem is that sensible and fair minded people are at a gross disadvantage, as they don't respond in kind.

RobD, wipe your brow in relief you didn't say you were taking the kids to the woods to teach them Campcraft! :lmao:

Pango.

Forgeways

Jun 25, 2010
Machynlleth, powys
I really think this is all a bit crazy, however you could use this to its advantage and draw more peoples attention to a useful club for life skills lacking in society and tech heavy childhoods. I would personally encourage the doubters of the name to come along, join in and volenteer to help at the club after that they can have a sensible discusion about the name and its meaning.

Alchemist

Forager
Aug 1, 2005
Hampshire
I hope they were trying to pull your leg. Otherwise, I think they are a bunch of sad and rather pathetic people. As a teacher myself I would give you this as a reply to them. If having a word so tediously linked to a vag1na is a problem for their behaviour management, then maybe they need to get a grip of their own classes.
I literaly can not see the problem. The name is bushcraft and you should keep the name out of principle. Learning Objective 1- keep the silly jokes to yourselves lads and prove you are more mature than some of the female teachers.
I can feel a rant coming on.

Do you get problems when they play ball sports or come in for a mufti day? What about Homo economics?

Tell them to get a grip.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE